You are here
Junior Buyer - Grocery/Food
- Junior Buyer - Food / Grocery, within a well known convenience brand
- Based in Greater London
About Our Client
Based in London my client is a well known and loved Retail Group within the Convenience sector. They offer a smaller working environment allowing you to see a full 360 business approach but also be part of one of the largest UK buying powers in the convenience market.
As a Junior Buyer - Grocery/Food for this Retail brand based in London you will;
- To identify, source, and develop consumer facing label products and ranges to meet customer needs and business requirements which meet brand and commercial requirements, including availability levels, and which increase overall sales and participation. (n.b. this also includes branded products for frozen and wine categories)
- To develop, review and deliver national terms agreements through effective negotiations with suppliers on cost price ensuring cost price is minimised, income is maximised, risk minimised and relevant benchmarks are applied to all cost price; branded and own brand
- Obtain, review and analyse supplier promotion plans in conjunction with marketing plans to identify, agree with suppliers and deliver a national promotional plan for the products in control, which is a consistent and competitive consumer offer and which increases income
- Build effective relationship with the suppliers and other key stakeholders to deliver the trading area's plan and ensure that all stakeholders are communicated to and informed appropriately and effectively at all times
- To review, track and analyse the market both in terms of trends and competitor activity ensuring the trading plans for the area covered exploits the opportunities whilst risks and threats are mitigated
- To plan, negotiate and deliver the trading budgets with specific responsibility for the tracking, monitoring and delivery of the budgeted income
- To review stock levels of own brand and ensure sufficient stock levels are maintained at all times whilst write offs are minimised.
- To deliver appropriate stock levels via the bonded warehouse operation to meet forecasts, ensuring minimum impact on aged stock (Licensed area only)
- To drive category growth in relation to category business plans, via promotional and sales plans.
- To develop own brand products in conjunction with the own brand development team in line with the overall category business plan.
The Successful Applicant
To be a successful candidate for this Junior Buyer - Grocery/Food role you will be able to demonstrate;
- Proven experience of buying and/or selling products ideally within an FMCG organisation
- Communicating, negotiating and managing a large supplier base achieving measurable benefits and objectives
- Proven experience of building effective relationships with individuals and groups with differing needs and for whom there is no line authority
- Reviewing, understanding and analysing of market information for a given product area and planning of how to react successfully in given conditions
- Planning and managing a product range to budget and brand requirements
- Successful delivery of projects to time and budgets
What's on Offer