You are here
Key Account Manager
- Key Account Manager Aberdeen
- FMCG, Sales, Retail, Business Development
About Our Client
Our client are one of the UK's leading fish processing companies who are about to embark on a new project that will see the company extend into the retail sector.
The Key Account Manager will be tasked with the following:-
- To manage product tenders for Direct Sales customers.
- To work with the Directors and Sales Management team to create a 'product' focused sales plan by customer which identifies specific products and details joint plans to increase category usage.
- An understanding of customer product requirements will be obtained and the plan will ensure that we trade in line with our contractual agreements.
- To identify product consolidation opportunities.
- To identify product opportunities and liaise with the Category & Procurement teams to ensure that we maintain & extend existing ranges as well as provide competitive and commercially sound new proposals.
- Benchmark products with the Category teams to ensure that the correct range is proposed.
- Maintain customer relationships and conduct monthly meetings with Senior Management and Procurement teams in order to identify and unlock all potential opportunities.
- To provide recommendations for improvement or developments based on customer feedback.
- Provide monthly updates internally for Board reviews in order to track and gain support in order to sell more product.
- Achieve budgeted target in year
- Incremental product sales target
- Product pipeline & tracker
- Tender calendar by customer
- Tender feedback record
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant should have the following attributes to be considered for the role:-
- Strong sales person
- X-functional working expertise
- The ability to identify, focus and deliver on the key opportunities
- Has enthusiasm and tenacity to strive for continuous improvement
- Resilient, proactive and positive in challenging situations
- Ability to build relationships quickly and engage key stakeholders internally and externally
- Ability to act on own initiative, has strong judgment and decision making ability
- Must have results driven method of working and a strong desire to complete and succeed at all tasks as well as taking personal ownership for outputs with a can do attitude
- Confident communicating with and influencing demanding customers
- Engages and motivates others to meet their objectives
- Ability to work within in tight time-scales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Knowledge of the Food Service & Retail Industry
- Experience of Account Management
- Strong commercial acumen
- Personal integrity and obvious gravitas
- Strong relationship builder
- Analytical thinking
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Enthusiastic with a can do attitude
- Competent MS Office in particular Excel & PowerPoint skills
- Full clean driving license
- Role will involve regular travel throughout the UK
What's on Offer
The Key Account Manager will receive an attractive basic salary, plus company benefits with excellent commission potential. Furthermore, this position will offer endless career progression potential as the role grows.