You are here
Lead Accountant - Change
- Lead Accountant for Major UK Bank
- Based in Central Bristol
About Our Client
This major leading UK bank, has been helping people plan their financial futures for over 200 years. It is one of the most trusted Financial Services brands in the UK with over six million customers and over £80billion in assets under management. The role will be based in their offices in central Bristol.
A Leading UK Bank are looking for an experienced accountant to support the development of it's Insurance Division external reporting systems and processes.
This role is within the Finance Reporting change team reporting directly into a senior Accounting Change Manager. The team provides accounting support in respect of major transactions to the Finance Reporting function. Candidates will ideally have previous experience working within Financial Services.
As the Lead Accountant - Change you will be qualified accountant with at least 4 years post qualification experience, of which some would have been within a Reporting environment. Experience of finance system change would be advantageous as the successful candidate is expected to lead the implementation of change on Finance Reporting ledger and reporting systems and processes.
The role will focus on developing reporting processes to address:
- - regulatory change, in particular from Solvency II
- - finance transformation of ledger, and downstream reporting systems
- - organisational and legal structure changes
- - IFRS reporting change, including IFRS 9 and IFRS 17
- - resultant process and spreadsheet (EUC) changes
- - training and embedding of project change
From time to time further support to BAU reporting teams can be expected, for instance over a reporting year-end.
We also expect the candidate to be able to demonstrate strong excel (use of complex formulae, lookups, pivot tables etc) and recent ledger use/development (ideally Oracle or SAP).
As part the team, the successful candidate will work with reporting and investment accountants, and actuarial and tax SME's.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Lead Accountant - Change should be able to show previous finance reporting, and/or life accounting experience. Experience of large Group statutory accounting would be advantageous.
- Experienced ACA/ACCA/CIMA Accountant - Solid reporting experience is essential
- Strong Excel and analytical skills with the ability to explain financial results to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure both in isolation and with other teams.
- Strong team player with a commitment to coach and develop others within the team.
- Proven ability to deliver in a change environment.
- Highly organised and effective person.
- Significant drive and judgement
- Experienced in the use of, and or, development of Statutory reporting processes from SAP, Oracle, OLAS ledger systems and Essbase.
- Experience of SII reporting.
- Track record of ownership and delivery to deadlines.
- Problem solving experience.
- Strong excel and analytical skills, and experience.
What's on Offer
£45k - £55k Dependant on experience + Car/Car Allowance & Bonus & Excellent benefits