You are here
This position is now filled
Lead Business Intelligence Developer - Big Data, Hadoop, AWS
- Global e-commerce consumer brand undergoing big data transformation.
- Big Data - Hadoop, AWS, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, HBase, Oozie, ApachePig
About Our Client
My client are an e-commerce business boasting 30million+ monthly visits across in excess of 65 countries. They deal with vast amounts of data as a result of this, and thus leverage the latest in big data technologies to handle the large quantities of data used to inform and shape the business going forward.
Big Data - Hadoop, AWS, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, HBase, Oozie, ApachePig
This role will form the beginning of the London based team, having relationships across development, support, business stakeholders and off-shore teams. You will be required to build big data tools that will allow the business to leverage vast quantities of data, assuring the business stays at the forefront of big data technologies.
You will provide technical leadership to off-shore teams with a view to leading a small on-shore team as it is put together.
- Designing environments inclusive of QA, Production, Staging and Performance in Amazon Web Services.
- Managing requests and issues across all environments.
- Identifying and implementing best tool for the job, considering latest technologies for increasing performance and reliability.
- Analysing requirements and solution designs.
- Building relationships with the development team and stakeholders across the business to assure quality solutions are built.
The Successful Applicant
This role would suit suit a Big Data Business Intelligence Developer who is able to demonstrate leadership qualities, somebody who wishes to spend the majority of their time hands-on with a smaller portion guiding the off-shore and on-shore teams from a technical perspective.
- Hadoop, Hive, HDFS, Map Reduce, HBase, Oozie, ApachePig.
- Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- DevOps methodologies and concepts.
- Team leadership qualities.
- Scripting such as Bash, Perl or Python.
What's on Offer
Lead Business Intelligence Developer - Big Data, Hadoop, AWS - Global e-commerce brand
My client offers a base salary up to Â£70,000 + travel allowance and the opportunity to work with a reputable brand and the latest in big data technologies.