You are here
Work for a top commercial legal team in a fantastic environment.
Excellent opportunity to develop in one of the top sectors to work in.
About Our Client
Our Client is one of the largest privately owned software organisations and a top company to work for. It has a focus on excellence and prides itself on a fantastic working environment. This standard has stood for 40 years as has its growth.
- Preparing, drafting, negotiating and reviewing of non-standard and standard Software Licences and Maintenance Agreements, Professional Service Agreements, Sub-Contractor Agreements, Alliance/Re-seller and Teaming Agreements, Hosting Agreements, Demonstration Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements to support the UK&I business.
- Negotiate with internal and external customers on the content of Agreements and incorporate changes as permitted by general guidelines
- The Legal Counsel will Participate in responses to tenders and other customer requests for information
- Support Senior Legal Counsel and the wider team with specialists areas such as EU competition, data privacy, anti-corruption, and other applicable regulations research, negotiate and draft documents for the designated specialist area.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of policies and procedures and strategic initiatives to support the organisation.
- Educating internal clients regarding policies and practice, legal issues and contracts on an ongoing basis
- Compliance and enforcement of corporate policies and applicable laws and regulations
- Provide back-up for other members of staff in their absence and support where needed by way of accurate proof-reading, thorough researching, clear summarising or drafting in special circumstances related to strategic negotiations
- Prepare and maintain contract summaries for key customers within the aligned sector team
- Actively promote department and engage with other departments positively
The Successful Applicant
- NQ - 3 PQE, with the right to practice in England and Wales, Excellent academics, 2:1 degree or above
- The successful candidate must have experience in negotiating general commercial agreements and have a good understanding of IPR laws.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple and easy to understand manner
- Excellent drafting ability and attention to detail
- Able to grasp complex problems quickly and provide pragmatic and commercial solutions
- Good team player
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work quickly and efficiently to meet tight deadlines
- Willing to be proactive and take the initiative to address issues that may arise
- Good organisational skills
- Good technology skills and ability to learn new technologies
- Ad hoc travel may be required to support business demands.
What's on Offer
- Excellent salary, car allowance and benefits as is to be expected.