You are here
- Integration/Separation/Carve out experience
- Work for a leading global firm
About Our Client
My clients M&A Strategy Strategy team works with top-tier global Corporate and Private Equity (PE) clients on M&A transactions ranging from a value of £50m to over £5billion. We help our clients analyse the operational aspects of the deal to highlight opportunities and risks. The rapid identification and quantification of these operational improvements creates significant value and can lead to adjustments in sale price and potential post-deal performance improvement opportunities.
This team is a growing team of over 80 specialists across a number of key industry sectors with circa 10 Healthcare & Pharmaceutical specialists.
M&A Strategy focuses on providing support for transactions and assists clients in all operational aspects of the transaction, pre and post completion, including:
- Buy and sell side operational due diligence
- Synergy development and review
- Carve out and divestment support
- Taking control and 100 day planning
- Mergers & Acquisitions Integration
- Post-acquisition performance improvement using our FasTrack methodology
We rapidly develop an understanding of the target/client business in order to quickly assimilate the key operational issues, synergies, risks and upsides around a transaction. We communicate our findings in real time to our clients but also produce clear, written reports articulating our findings for the buyer or vendor. We also regularly help our clients with the post deal implementation including taking control of the acquired asset, driving synergy delivery and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
Additionally, we work closely with our Transactions Services (TS) team, which employs over 350 professionals in the UK and more than 2,500 across our global TS business. Working together, we are uniquely placed to advise our clients at all stages of a deal from strategic inception through to due diligence and post-deal implementation.
As well as consulting expertise, our team members have considerable industry experience from running businesses and implementing change. Due to our continued success and increased demand for our services, M&A Strategy is seeking to enhance the team via select, high calibre appointments.
The Successful Applicant
My client currently have a vacancy for a Manager in London, who will ideally have:
- Held an operational management role with significant demonstrated experience in the Pharmaceutical sector
- Has either run a site or production line or other part of the manufacturing process of either small or large molecules / API
- Worked in, or had experience of, a variety of operational roles in manufacturing (primary, secondary, and/or tertiary manufacturing), engineering, distribution, and/or supply chain
- Has an understanding of the regulatory environment in relation to pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Experience in change projects, business improvement and delivering quantifiable benefits (typically has experience of cost reduction or process efficiency improvement)
- Experience in Operational Improvement methodologies and tracking impact on financial statements
- Working knowledge of financial statements and experience in data analysis
- Experience in the implementation of change programmes
An understanding or interest in M&A and its implications for businesses and operating models
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, in particular a comfort around report writing
- A comfort around financial analysis and the ability to think strategically about a business and to think about the operations "beyond the numbers"
- Comfort around using Excel to conduct financial analysis
- An ability to 'read' a business/process and understand the key financial value drivers
- Experience of developing internal / external networks with an ability to quickly develop effective working relationships
- Ability to manage 'change' projects
- A demonstrated ability to operate on your own initiative
- Degree, MBA or other Manufacturing/ Engineering qualification
- Budget responsibility
- Exposure to M&A
- Commercial exposure in negotiation and consultation
- Good Communication skills (oral and written)
- Experience in a multi-site environment.
- Experience with assisting the sale of consulting work in the Industrial Products sector
What's on Offer
Base salary starting at £50,000 + bonus and benefits