You are here
Maintenance Engineer - Mechanically bias
- Shift Engineer
- 3 on, 3 off (days and nights)
About Our Client
A market leading FMCG manufacturing business with a continued focus on developing people, systems and processes. They are looking for a Shift Engineer to support improvements at their site in West Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Site Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- To continually implement and improve an effective system of asset care within the business - targeting key equipment that will deliver improvements in line performance.
- Control own general day to day workload
- Undertake engineering appraisals of all equipment produce and or analyse data in order to identify and quantify causes of inefficiencies/poor performance and implement robust solutions. Contribute to the site asset condition register to assist in identifying areas for investment
- Participate within the Production management team in the quality improvement process so that problems are tackled systematically and eliminated through continuous improvement.
- Manage designated sections of the engineering budget ensuring that spend is effectively used and monitored.
- Raise the profile of Health and Safety within the team ensuring that all the team are involved in improving our standards.
- Review all machinery in Service supply or Process areas with regard to usage. Recommend improvements in Plant machinery utilisation, which include product quality and output by investigating line problems with the production teams - contribute to the role out of continuous improvement
- Work closely with the Shift Production Managers/Engineering Lead Technician to deliver improved customer service and labour and material variances
- Support the site's Health and Safety objectives through
- Support capital investment and manage and recommend projects where appropriate
The Successful Applicant
In order to be successful in your application, you will ideally have the following:
- Proven track record of maintenance engineering in a manufacturing facility (fast paced)
- Mechanical qualifications with a proven ability to carry out basic electrical tasks
What's on Offer
Shift patter - 3 on, 3 off (days and nights)