You are here
- Maintenance Engineer needed for forward thinking company
- Based in South West £30k + Shift allowance
About Our Client
An award winning forward thinking eco-friendly company that are hitting their ambitious targets and are looking like continue their success into the future.
The Maintenance Engineer :
- Responsible for the workshop area, and tracking/replenishing consumables.
- Responsible for the spares and sourcing suppliers to ensure spares are readily obtainable, with the longer lead-time critical spares held in stock, resulting in minimal plant downtime.
- Responsible to personally carry out (or check that others have done) all Daily, Weekly & Monthly maintenance activities, in line with the manual and manufacturer's instructions and that they are recorded in the site logs.
- Hands on guidance and training, to assist the teams with both preventative and reactive maintenance requirements associated with the plant and equipment, including reviewing and development of further maintenance plans, by determining the most effective strategies for each element of the facility.
- Responsible for the continual operation of the plant, finding faults and repairing breakdowns, whilst taking a proactive approach to providing suggestions for improvement resulting in minimum downtime and consistent production
The Successful Applicant
Key Skills / Experience
- At least 5 years' experience within a maintenance environment with the ability to fault find and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic issues.
- Sound judgement skills and rational approach, with experience in conveyor systems, mixers, valves and heavy machinery.
- Ability to carry out repairs and improvements as required.
- Strong team worker with the ability to train and motivate others in the understanding of plant and machinery maintenance within a demanding production environment.
- Ability to review and improve systems and processes within a growing business, and (in conjunction with the Site Manager) adapting initial schedules and routines as experience is gained in areas such as plant reliability.
- Willingness to be innovative, work under their own initiative, with strong organisational skills,being able to plan, prioritise and organise various tasks at the same time.
Desirable Skills / Experience
Experience within an aggregates, concrete or waste environment.
Knowledge of waste industry / environmental legislation.
What's on Offer
Circa 30k plus shift allowance.
Negotiable on experience.