You are here
This position is now filled
- Global Food Manufacturer
- Proven Maintenance Manager
About Our Client
With a leading position in the global food manufacturing market, our client employs c7,000 people world-wide, with 700 in their flagship site in South Yorkshire.
The Maintenance Manager will enjoy full autonomy for a pivotal business unit in one of the company's key sites. The proactive and forward thinking manager will be responsible for; leading a team to effectively deliver the plan, control of the budget and management of resources. They will be tasked with developing a lean culture and building relationships with the production teams whilst developing systems to be utilised business wide.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Promotion, development and implementation of continuous improvement culture;
- Control of engineering expenditure to comply with budget constraints;
- Managing engineering improvement projects to deliver increase performance;
- Supervise systems used for controlling contractors working on site;
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory legislation;
- Ensure an efficient fault response to internal customer with agreed deadlines;
- Assist with forecast and control of annual budget expenditure;
- Delivering personal and department KPI's.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Maintenance Manager will be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a team and drive an improvement culture, whilst ensuring that resources and budgets are managed efficiently.
- Either an engineering qualification (HNDS/Beng) or a wealth of equivalent experience
- First hand direct people management
- Self assured and direct with the skills to challenge and influence at all levels of the business
- Experience of change management including performance management
- Competent in Microsoft Office, email, calendar and maintenance management systems.
- Qualifications in management, lean / six sigma, health & safety;
- Experience of lean implementation;
- Blue chip manufacturing background.
What's on Offer