You are here
Maintenance Team Manager
- Position managing the maintenance services and team
- High profile education site
About Our Client
This role will be working for a well known educational establishment in Warwickshire with an excellent reputation as an employer.
The Maintenance Team Manager will be mechanically biased and be responsible for a team of mechanical, electrical and general maintenance engineers. You will be responsible for:
- Devising and implement a workload analysis and workload management for planned and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Understand reactive technical issues of a mechanical, electrical, carpentry or building fabric nature and allocate suitable staff or contractors to resolve.
- Build effective customer relationships managing expectation and delivering effective responsive and planned services through in house staff and contractors.
- Reporting effectively on team performance and pro-actively predict workload levels and plan for peak periods. To ensure continuity of service 24/7 and have contingency plans in place.
- To manage, control and monitor staff effectively. Identifying workload targets, development needs and performance plans as necessary. To review audits on quality of workmanship, H&S and customer service and take appropriate actions with staff.
- To ensure high performance in your team and drive cultural change encouraging right first time repairs, lean practices, increasing multi skilled work and ensuring effective team communication.
The Successful Applicant
Candidates will need to have a mechanical background and will need to hold a degree in Building Services or Hard FM. You will need experience of a managing a teams performance on both a day to day and long term basis. You will also need experience of the effective management of contractors including specialist services such as HVAC, Fire Alarm, Specialist Services, CCTV and drainage. You will also be managing contractors and staff from a H&S perspective.
What's on Offer
The position of Maintenance Team Manager has a salary of between £31k and £39k plus an excellent package to include 38 days of holiday plus bank holidays and a final salary pension.