You are here
Rapidly growing research charity organisation based in Central London
Managment Accountant opportunity, key member of the Finance team
About Our Client
An expanding research charity are looking for a talented Management Accountant to analyse the organisations budgets, forecast the performance of ongoing projects, and to support the agenda of improving the efficiency of the department and its service.
The organisation are in in partnership with listed retail giants to grow their brand awareness through appealing marketing campaigns. Their research department works closed with the most powerful medical institutes and thus have produced ground-breaking research in the medical field.
As the organisation grows it is highly like that this role will expand and that there will be progression.
The role is considered to be one of great importance as the successful candidate will be providing financial information to be used in both a strategic and operational context. The main duties and responsibilities are:
Budgeting, forcasting & Buisness Partnering:
- Budget setting, forcasting and analysis of monthly management accounts
- Produce regular forecasts and report on performance of on-going projects
- Support the agenda of improving the efficiency of the department and its service
- Present the monthly results to the Head of Finance in the monthly meeting
- Providing information and support to a range budget holders from the senior management team downwards
- Supporting the Head of Finance in the preparation of the annual budget, as well as preparation of the annual forecast.
- Responsible for streamlining the month end process wherever possible, and minimising the number of working days taken to produce the management accounts whilst retaining robust cut-off deadlines in relation to income and expenditure
- Buisness partering with research management to ensure that research grants are accurately reflected in the month end management accounts
- Oversee the recording of restricted income in the finance system, and make sure that at year end an analysis is available to show all the restricted income in year, with the associated restricted expenditure.
The Successful Applicant
- A fully qualified accountant with a recognised professional body
- Mangment reporting
Ideally the candidate will have experience in the following:
- Previous management accounting experience - analysing data to provide insightful commentary
- Strong reconciliation skills with the ability to use automated systems to improve reconciliation efficiency
- Sound and proven ability to effectively manage production of year end financial accounts
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and planning
- Advanced Excel manipulation skills
What's on Offer
Permanent £40000 - £45000