You are here
- Management Accountant
- Global Manufacturing Organisation
About Our Client
I am working with a global manufacturing organisation with a group turnover of c£4bn. This specific role sits in one of their divisions worth c£20m and is based out of Milton Keynes.
The job holder will have responsibility for:
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts
- Completion of all Group reporting to the defined timetable.
- Compliance with external and statutory reporting requirements.
- Preparation and submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales reports on a timely basis.
- Interface with the Shared Service Centre for PTP, OTC and RTP processes
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with companies Internal Control environment
- Assist auditors on their field visit and as necessary
The Successful Applicant
Technical: Applies the correct technical accounting and other appropriate skills relative to the level of professional qualification and experience.
Accuracy: Manages the work of themselves to ensure that it is fit for purpose and free of error; creates high levels of accuracy and makes sure that smaller or apparently less significant (but important) requirements and details are taken into account
Timeliness: Undertakes and completes tasks and reporting on a timely basis, anticipating and highlighting any difficulties in achieving deadlines in advance. Conscientious in ensuring deadlines are achieved.
Administrative Skills : Manages and understands the importance of precise and accurate documentation, procedures and applications
Responsibility: Takes ownership of work, assignments and work related issues; does not ignore issues which are of importance to themselves, the team, department and/or organisation. Takes ownership of successes and mistakes
Initiative: Takes action without being asked or required to; achieves goals beyond job requirements; being proactive; taking prompt action to accomplish objectives
Customer Focus: Makes customers and their needs a high priority focus of one's actions; shows interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers; meets or exceeds customer expectations, keeping organisational qualities in mind
Quality orientation: Monitors and checks work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness; checks work to ensure completeness and accuracy
Adaptability: Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behaviour or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; approaches change positively and adjusts behaviours accordingly
The preferred job holder will match the following requirements:
- Hold a professional accounting qualification - ACA, ACCA or ACMA
- Ideally hold a University Degree and/or a minimum of 2 A Levels
- A minimum of 3 years post qualification experience.
- Experience of producing monthly accounts using a computerised accounts systems is essential, with knowledge of an ERP system (ideally SAP) preferred.
- Some manufacturing experience preferred but not essential.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office products in particular Excel Spreadsheets - ability to analyse data and write appropriate spreadsheets
- Knowledge of VAT and PAYE
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A good team player but also has the ability to work on own initiative
- Flexible and able to adapt to change
What's on Offer
£40,000-£45,000 + up to 20% bonus