You are here
- Exciting opportunity with a well known Bath based organisation
- Suitable for a Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant
About Our Client
Michael Page Finance are pleased to currently be partnering with a well known Bath based organisation to recruit a Part or Fully qualified management accountant in to their team.
- To assist with the preparation of the management accounts and finance reports.
- Assist with the production of the year end financial accounts and supporting audit schedules and analysis.
- To be responsible for providing business partnering services to specific budget managers, the majority of whom are non-financial specialists. Establish and maintain strong an effective working relationships with budget holders for the purpose of understanding spend drivers within the department and representing the finance function as a proactive and supportive business partner. Monitor and feedback on budget variances to help ensure timely and accurate forecasting.
- As a Financial Business Partner provide advice and guidance on capital projects
- To prepare and submit National Statistics monitoring returns.
- To assist the Head of Finance with matters, including some sector wide issues. Considering complex problems and issue as they arise and identifying suitable innovative solutions.
- Ensure relevant performance indicators and standards are met and all reporting timelines are adhered to.
- To contribute to the provision of timely management information for both strategic and operational purposes, both on an ad hoc and planned basis.
- To train and support non-financial specialists on using budgetary reporting software, and other financial software as appropriate.
- To work with the wider Finance team acting as an escalation point and providing support and guidance when issues may arise regarding processing transaction data, as well as working on wider departmental projects within Finance.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Management accounting position will:
- Qualified / Part-Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or CIPFA) - part qualified accountants should be actively pursuing fully qualified status.
- Experience of computerised accounting systems and the major financial requirements of a large organisation.
What's on Offer
By joining the organisation as Management accountant, the following package is on offer:
- A basic salary of £32,000-£36,000
- Other benefits, including generous holiday and pension.