You are here
- Finance Business Partnering Role
- Newly created position
About Our Client
An established technology company operating within a nice market sector, this is a high growth business who are investing in strengthening their Didcot based finance function to support business decision making.
Reporting financial and non- financial performance
- Drive continuous improvement in the timeliness and quality of insights produced and continually seek to lower cost of production
- Work with Business Leaders and others to ensure that the information produced is relevant and drives better business decision making.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial and non-financial data produced by the Business Decision support team.
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs for the Business Units to be used in monthly reviews and as required sub-unit level reports for the Unit leadership teams
- Preparation of Unit reports for input to Board pack developing insights and commentary on variances and development
- Aid in the design and implementation of appropriate cost allocation models with ongoing ownership and refinement, including monthly posting of entries and review of contribution of different sectors of the business.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Devise and implement effective budgeting and forecasting processes which delivers required outputs on time, to a high standard, efficiently.
- Preparation of and input to the forecast cycle - working with the Business Units to collect and translate business requirements into financial resources
- Preparation of and input to the cost allocation costs and resulting contribution
- Prepare the financial forecast which supports the 3 year Strategy and Operational Plans for the Business Units supported.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA).
- Financial skills: experience and knowledge of cost accounting, including preparation and posting of accruals and journal entries. Previous experience of Payroll related activities an advantage. Solid understanding of financial processes and controls
- Business skills: robust knowledge of employee cost drivers and business partnering.
- System knowledge: Excel (advanced level), PowerPoint,
- Data management: being able to work with large and varied data sets
- Personal drive: technical & professional expertise, practice self-development, ability to work in a culturally diverse environment.
- Interpersonal skills: collaboration, teamwork, communication skills and persuasive.
- Commercial awareness.
- Champions change.
- Results orientated: customer focused, service oriented, drives for results, problem solving, analytical, structured, work to tight deadlines, work unsupervised, quality and accuracy, attention to detail.
- Analyst: Comfortable interrogating data to understand its composition and accuracy
What's on Offer
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum plus benefits