You are here
- Home to the biggest brands in the business
- Excellent career progression opportunities
About Our Client
Our client are market leaders in the UK media industry, owning a number of household media brand names across the country. The company have made a number of high profile acquisitions over the recent years, following a strategy of acquiring existing media brands, rebranding them under their own and running them as partially syndicated networks.
Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting (Revenue) and financial planning. The role is commercially focused with focus on business partnering with various business stakeholders at senior level, such as board directors.
* Work thorough and record accurate values to produce accurate timely monthly P&Ls for review with Controller / Business Unit
* Produce detailed narrative and analysis to explain variances supporting P&L review
* Ensure the Deferred Income / Accruals / Prepayments accounts are reviewed and reconciled a monthly basis in conjunction with Enterprise Financial Services (EFS)
* Work with FP&A team to produce the Budget, Forecasts & Outlooks for both P&L & Cash for all General Ledger codes and Profit and Cost centers.
* Understand and prepare Pipeline Revenue analysis to assist managing the business towards targets
* Produce weekly sales / cost flash reports for the business unit.
* Create and submit the billing / credit notes to Shared Services (SDC) Weekly.
* Ensure weekly billing is accurate, timely and complete, resolving issues with SDC
* Reconcile the billing system Xytech to SAP on a weekly basis.
* Record and recharge all relevant costs to productions incurred on their behalf.
* Ensure on-boarding of clients in terms of fast and accurate account set up vetting information from Client Services, synchronizing Xytech /SAP customer master data
* Work directly with the clients, business and Credit Control to ensure collections, remittance and matching are received and completed in a timely manner and flag potential issues with late payment in advance.
* Prepare Journals to populate the P&L and Balance sheet and ensure timely accurate execution by SDC after controller approval.
* Ensure all policies are followed and transactions are recorded compliantly according to local / US GAAP and contractual nature.
* Ensure the workflow system Xytech and billing processes are improved continually working with the Business Unit and Technology to deploy new efficient solutions.
* Provide robust understanding and challenge of business decisions.
* Maintain Intercompany relationships and balances to record accurate values.
* Produce analysis / research to support the business queries and scenarios
* Control and reconcile petty cash, ensure adequate supply
* Ensure strong relationships with all areas of the business including Directors.
* Reach all deadlines for actual, planning, ad hoc reports locally and US calendar
* Provide reporting on Occupancy, Revenue Analysis by Title, Variance Analysis etc
* Provide any ad hoc analysis, accounting or other duties as required
The Successful Applicant
* Manage own work, being proactive with internal /external stakeholders
* Build creditability and trust with the business unit and finance both in UK and US.
* Strong organisation and delivery utilizing priorities & time management
* Professional, diplomatic, confident & collaborative with all levels of staff
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Previous accounting, planning and analysis experience.
* Detail oriented and to produce accurate reliable, high quality work on time
* Demonstrate the commitment and ability to progress maximizing the opportunities
* Strong Excel skills and working knowledge of SAP
* Preferred experience in Media / Post Production
Education / Qualifications:
* Qualified / finalist ACA/ACCA/CIMA
* Professional, diplomatic and confident
* Quality conscious
* Team player
* Discretion and confidentiality
* Proactive and demonstrates initiative
* Adapts and responds to change positively
* Accountability for self and role
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered ~ £50000 plus benefits, depending on experience as a management accountant at a market leading media firm in Central London