You are here
About Our Client
My client are a fast paced organisation who have recently received their banking licence, they are based in the heart of Mayfair.
The role is wide and varied so a broad range of banking skills are desired. This will include a good understanding of margin reporting, knowledge of banking transactions and payments systems, experience of Gabriel and strong technical accounting skills. An understanding of Treasury and foreign currency would also be advantageous.
The candidate will have can do attitude, be able to demonstrate continuous improvement and a history of success.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading the co-ordination and delivery of the Management Accounts.
- Ensuring the ledger (Xero) is controlled and reconciled to source systems.
- Co-operation and the provision of relevant information to teams across the Bank.
- Detailed margin reporting and cost variance analysis.
- Aiding preparation of budgets and projections including detailed variance analysis.
- Supporting preparation of Statutory Accounts for all entities.
- Facilitating the filing of Regulatory Returns.
- Promoting Governance and Control.
- Monitoring cashflow and headline banking metrics
- Coaching and management of staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA/ACA/CIMA - 3 Years + of post qualified experience, minimum 2 years of recent experience within the banking sector
- Very strong excel skills (VBA Preferred) with the ability to take ownership of the business model and improve it, also automate some of the reporting by pulling data from different applications.
- Solid financial accounting skills, including ability to analyse and interpret variances.
- Ability to analyse margins, understand factors that influence them and forecast expected margins based on those factors.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial systems and procedures including the ability to extract and manipulate data.
- Effective financial management skills, including budgetary control, variance analysis and reforecasting.
- Previous experience of Statutory accounts and disclosures for Banks.
- Possess an understanding of treasury products and the associated accounting standards.
What's on Offer
Permanent Management Accountant position with a high growth Fin-Tech bank.
Salary £65,000 - £75,000
Excellent career prospects as the bank continues to grow and expand
Fantastic working environment