You are here
Fantastic Manufacturing Engineer role at global Electronics Manufacturer
High Wycombe based, involved in cutting edge world changing technology
About Our Client
Would you like to be part of a world renowned British organisation that is at the forefront of technological innovation? For more than 55 years Oxford Instruments has played a critical role in developing and manufacturing technology that touches our world in so many ways, pushing the boundaries of technical and scientific understanding. Through their innovation they provide solutions that "change the art of the possible" enabling their customers to address the challenges of the 21st century. Focusing on 6 main areas of a global market - Research & Academia, Life Sciences, Metals & Construction, Semi-Conductors & I.T, Energy and Environment, Oxford Instruments employs over 2000 people in 8 business divisions across 16 countries to truly deserve the title of a global company. With a passion for diversity and personal development they are committed to being the company where the best people in their sector want to work.
The successful candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer role at Oxford Instruments Nano Analysis will cover the following responsibilities -
- Review and measure current manufacturing processes, identify waste, opportunities for improvement and agree improvement targets. Agree plans and targets with Manufacturing Team Leaders.
- With a strong knowledge of 5S principles lead Process Improvement projects delivering significant cost, quality and performance benefits utilising Lean Manufacturing and other "best in class" tools and techniques.
- Project manage approved Continuous Improvement projects through to conclusion. Develop project plan, establish project team and deliver to plan. Establish pilot programmes with Team Leaders. Work with Team Leaders to ensure new processes are established and embedded. Follow up improvements to ensure compliance with predefined processes and H&S standards.
- Champion shop floor six sigma programs and initiatives. Establish and implement six sigma standards throughout the manufacturing facility and drive compliance and adherence to these standards. Provide support and mentoring on six sigma to Team Leaders.
- Design shop floor layouts to support new product introduction and process re-engineering of existing products.
- Determine special purpose and standard tooling requirements to support the manufacture of all products and implement as required.
- Promote a Continuous Improvement environment through training and coaching of cross functional teams on process improvement techniques.
- Create and maintain manufacturing shop floor documentation for new and existing products in alignment with company standards and issues identified by Team Leaders including work instructions, inspection checklists and other quality system documents.
- Support vendor cost, quality and delivery performance in the supply of sub assembly products and services. Support Team Leaders in the communication of performance issues to vendors and demonstrate improvements delivered.
- Ensure New Product Introductions (NPI) & Engineering change are implemented effectively and both product & processes are productionised and repeatable.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful for the Manufacturing Engineer role at Oxford instruments Nano Analysis site in High Wycombe the candidate will have to provide evidence of the following -
- Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques with a proven track record of delivering positive cost, quality and performance results.
- Demonstrated knowledge to utilise structured problem solving methodologies.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9000 Quality Management System.
- Working knowledge of Project Management techniques.
- Working knowledge of design processes (DFx), new product introduction and product life cycle management.
- Computer literate with knowledge of using ERP/MRP systems.
- Some knowledge of analogue electronics, X-ray detection, vacuum systems, and cryogenics would be an advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication to influence both internal and external customers.
- Strong communicator to all levels of the organisation.
- Strong leadership and negotiation knowledge and demonstrates energy and a positive approach.
- Tenacity and a strong desire to make a difference.
- A drive to get the best from others and to manage conflict to successful resolution.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + benefits