You are here
- Global market leading automotive business - new product innovation
- Mechanically biased manufacturing engineering position
About Our Client
- Global market leading Automotive business
- 100 years of innovation
- Global network of scientists, engineers and internal resources
- Integrity, respect & commitment in everything they do
The role of Manufacturing Engineer will be to plan, direct and co-ordinate a sustainable and continuously improving manufacturing process in plant. The role involves agreeing and delivering an agreed programme of projects on time, in full to cost specification with effective utilisation of resources.
- Develop design for manufacture, delivering continuous and sustainable improvement to the manufacturing process
- Contribute to enable maximum labour and work flow efficiency's
- Articulate improvement strategies and project plans to gain buy in from stakeholders
- Provide a cohesive link between Operations and R&D functions, contributing to new product innovation and introduction in relation to design for manufacture
- Lead projects for new product introduction into manufacturing to ensure all project requirements are achieved
- Monitor and analyse current manufacturing methods to create improvements including: cycle time reduction, yield improvements, process designs to prevent quality concerns.
- Participate in factory layout changes to facilitate capacity increase or operational improvement
- Quality measures of all product lines through EMEA
- Cost reductions
- Line efficiency
- Product launches delivered on time
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering essential
- Experience in manufacturing engineering or related field. Significant and proven experience of effective project management, planning and implementation. Broad technical experience in own electrical, electronic or mechanical field with good working knowledge of other disciplines.
- Mechanical expertise. Knowledge of quality management systems (TS16949) and processes (8D,5Y). In depth understanding of lean manufacturing processes and technologies (Six Sigma). Project management skills, H&S knowledge. Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of PLC's
- AutoCAD, Solidworks
What's on Offer
Salary up to £45,000*
Contributory pension scheme
Days based role - team of 3
Reporting in to Quality Manager & Operations Manager
*salary dependant on experience and current status