You are here
Marketing and Communications Manager
- Marketing and Communications Manager
- West Yorkshire
About Our Client
The organisation is an international charity which has been going for over 20 years. They are an ambitious growing charity who work in areas of emergency response, development, sanitation, medical, cooperation, orphan sponsorship and more recently, conflict transformation.
- To plan, budget and deliver media and marketing campaigns in line with branding and within agreed budgets.
- To assist the fundraising department in their day to day objective through the supply of dynamic and practical media and marketing content.
- To develop a comprehensive and effective media and marketing strategy, which incorporates day to day targets and goals, as well as key seasonal activity.
- To effectively implement this media and marketing strategy.
- To ensure that all media materials are branded, accurate, non-offensive, appealing and of a high standard.
- To work closely with designers, producers and printers to create marketing materials.
- To maintain positive relationships with the above stakeholders, to ensure that negotiations are possible and that the organisation is producing work in a cost worthy way.
- To launch emergency appeals through marketing where required.
- To attend fundraising dinners and other events as an ambassador of the charity.
- To prepare suitable content for TV appeals, fundraising events or promotional tours in a timely manner as required.
- To update the organisations Facebook and Twitter accounts daily.
- To release attractive and relative e-shots to keep our donors and volunteers up to date with our work.
- To ensure the production of suitable images, videos and case studies for promotional material.
- To regularly update the company website with engaging content.
- To manage the organisation's Google Adwords account.
- To reply quickly and effectively to any positive or negative media attention in order to protect the reputation of Human Relief Foundation at all times.
- To seek appropriate media attention (including Radio, TV, Press etc) for the charity on behalf of all four UK based cities.
- To constantly search for new, innovative and cost effective ways to market the charity.
- To be available out of hours at times where input from the marketing department is needed.
- To liaise with overseas office staff to acquire information in a timely manner for Annual Reports or other bulletins, as well as for publication materials for campaigns.
- Responsible for all Publications including preparation.
- Ability to travel if required to overseas locations in furtherance of Departmental activity
The Successful Applicant
- 3+ years solid experience in a similar role ina charity
- A proven track record of developing and delivering successful marketing campaigns, preferably in a similar position.
- Excellent spoken and written skills (including grammar, spelling, creative writing) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong persuasive skills.
- Excellent research skills.
- Skilled in writing press releases and promotional material.
- Excellent knowledge of ICT.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage deadlines/priorities.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to speak confidently in public.
- Experience managing complex marketing strategies.
- Ability to network, establish and maintain key contacts.
- Legal right to work in the UK.
- Excellent knowledge of potential fundraising opportunities, appropriate and effective marketing and media techniques, as well as a good knowledge of Google Adwords, SEO and Facebook advertising.
- Excellent knowledge of the charity and volunteer sector.
- Commitment to the organisations mission, vision and values.
What's on Offer
A full time position paying between £30-£40k.