You are here
Marketing & Business Development Executive
- Internal Communications
About Our Client
My client is highly successful, global audit and accounting firm based in Edinburgh.
As Marketing and Business Development Executive your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting a specific national strategic market Group (SME) on all marketing activity and initiatives by providing high quality marketing support in a timely and professional manner and giving creative advice and support.
- Supporting the Scottish partner group and senior team to generate and deliver local marketing plans by providing high quality marketing support and giving creative advice and support.
- Representing the national marketing team to promote relevant national marketing initiatives, events, messages, brand strategy and marketing output in all its forms. Sharing best practice initiatives and suggestions with colleagues local, regionally and nationally.
- Provide marketing support for specific Business Development initiatives and teams locally through research and creative ideas
- Encourage and actively promote a national marketing plan with local delivery mind-set throughout the practice.
- Manage and create internal communications regarding marketing activity to the Scottish region (training sessions/toolkit sessions/monthly updates etc.)
- Awareness of marketplace (eg competitors, Cloud offerings, KPMG, PWC)
- Manage all marketing activity through our CRM system (SUGAR). Become the SUGAR marketing Superuser for Scotland
- Train Scottish team members on marketing module of sugar CRM system.
- Create and execute marketing campaigns within sugar CRM involving target list management and reporting to stake holders on campaign outcomes
- Familiarity with reporting functionality of SUGAR including ability to generate reports and develop new reports.
- Assist with the production of new work proposals and presentations.
- Create and execute hard copy marketing campaigns
- Instruct design teams, both internal and external adhering to branding guidelines
- Assist with planning and management of external profile raising and BD events, attending relevant events till the close and ensuring that the events run smoothly as a credible Mazars ambassador. Manage feedback from relevant Mazars events.
- Manage execution of specific initiatives (eg Mazars Women's Networking group (target lists, venues, guest list))
- Management and communication of internal marketing and BD calendar including events of all descriptions; hospitality events, seminars and sponsorships
- Manage, co-ordinate and drive telemarketing campaigns
- Manage the Scottish social media strategy (Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Manage relations with third parties such as PR agency and certain membership associations
- Provide submissions for external industry publications (e.g. Business Insider Deal and Dealmakers, CA magazine)
- Line management of any temporary marketing interns or staff
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the Scottish Marketing spend including providing monthly recommendations on ROI
- Provide fee earners with follow up documents to ensure a fluid follow up after relevant external profile raising events
- Support for Partners targeting initiative, monthly pipeline and Monday morning meetings
- Manage all Scottish input to the internal intranet site (Knowledge Hub) and external Mazars UK website.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Marketing and Business Development Executive will have the following skills and experience:
- Possesses a Marketing or equivalent degree/intention to study for CIM is preferred.
- Some experience of working within a Marketing team ideally within a professional services firm and in a Partnership environment.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of a Marketing department, its function, marketing strategies and tactics.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and some experience in using a specific electronic marketing platform.
- Good working knowledge of all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and to be able to maximise the usage of these platforms in a marketing capacity.
- Creativity, initiative and great all-round communication and presentation skills.
- Good analytic skills with ability to translate analysis into pragmatic marketing actions.
- Highly motivated, proactive, robust and personable
- Client focused.
- Direct marketing experience within a professional marketplace, comfortable dealing at Partner/ Director / Board level
- Ability to drive a number of initiatives at any one time
What's on Offer
Competitive basic salary and excellent benefits package.