You are here
Marketing Category Manager
Working with Luxuary Global Vendors
Highly visible role is based at the heart of our organization
About Our Client
Global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that make their lives better and build business success.
A respected service brand which deliver extraordinary service to customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help maximise purchasing power in the Advertising and Marketing Category to maximise value and mitigate risk
- Identify and implement innovative sourcing solutions; develop business case and sell-in of new ideas and opportunities, obtain stakeholder buy-in.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering cost savings and service enhancements against stretched targets and managed and track savings plans to an annual goal.
- Assist in strategic analysis and spend visibility.
- Gather category / market intelligence; understand industry trends and anticipate impacts and opportunities for business.
- Develop strong long term relationship with internal customers and suppliers to develop category management solutions appropriate for their current and future needs.
- Create negotiation strategies and negotiate deals with suppliers.
- Participate in providing consulting support to working teams in business on supplier selection, negotiation strategies, and troubleshooting.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and ability to work in fluid, fast-paced environment and maintain flexibility to meet changing customer and business needs
- Strong interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills at a stakeholder, team and supplier relationship management level
- Demonstrable and direct experience specifically in Marketing/ Advertising procurement and/or agency management
- Preferably degree required and CIPS part qualified
- Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills, including ability to analyse data & distil information and present key messages, implications and recommendations
- Strong project management skills, including experience in successfully managing and executing multiple initiatives with proven value-add
- Ability to identify and assess options and make recommendations to move projects forward
- Collaboration and influence management skills; ability to understand customer needs and present and sell in new ideas and approaches
- Direct experience in leading negotiations, including understanding trade - offs between strategic and financial drivers and contractual protections
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles such as procurement, business/contract law, finance & strategy
- Ability to work within a regulated environment incorporating compliance requirements whilst maintaining speed of delivery of initiatives and saves.
What's on Offer
- Exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and driven Category Manager
- Highly visible role is based at the heart of our organisation in our vibrant UK HQ in London.
- Very competitive package
- Work with some highly influential and respected brands across the Advertising and Marketing Procurement Space.
- Opportunity to really make this role your own.