You are here
- Marketing Manager
- Newcastle or York
About Our Client
The client is a national charity who has a number of sites across the UK.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Strategy and Commercial
- Responsibility for implementation of marketing strategies for the allocated sites.
- Implement admission pricing strategy and contribute to target setting for visitor numbers and admissions income to allocated sites.
- Monthly performance tracking, measurement and reporting.
- To be responsible for any delegated budgets and reporting needs as directed by the line manager.
- Monitor and track market conditions and competitive performance in the area of responsibility, identifying areas of opportunity for the business and feed into decision-making and strategy.
- Work with colleagues across functions to identify market opportunities for product development at the allocated sites and ensure any investments at sites are aligned to the marketing strategies for each property, delivering to identified target market requirements.
(Products include: events, entertainment, hours of opening, interpretation and exhibitions, pricing deals, joint ventures with transport companies and other attractions, retail and catering opportunities or anything else which might impact on visitor numbers and profit.)
- Participate in project teams as required.
Marketing Campaign Delivery
- Responsible for devising and implementing annual marketing plans for the allocated sites to meet budgeted visitor figures.
- Deliver marketing campaigns for the sites, working closely with colleagues across the Marketing Dept and with appointed agencies
- Develop and manage creative and engaging product content and work with the Brand Marketing team and membership team to ensure it is incorporated into national PR and digital marketing campaigns, website population, member communications and CRM campaigns.
- Responsible for working with National Campaigns and Digital Manager to ensure that appropriate online content and campaigns are facilitated by the national campaigns team.
- Responsible for working with Membership Retention Manager to promote properties to members via membership communications.
- Commission Brand and Design team to produce marketing communications material as required.
- Maximise regional and local partnership and sales promotional opportunities. Influence national and international promotional opportunities.
- Proactively develop local marketing partnerships and play an active role in appropriate local/regional tourism marketing forums.
- To carry out all tasks and ad-hoc projects as delegated by the Line Manager.
- Apply insight and marketing intelligence gained by the National Customer Insight Manager & the National Business & Marketing Analyst including the national segmentation model
- In liaison with the National Customer Insight Manager commission market research as necessary to ensure the ongoing effectiveness of campaigns and to support commercial decision making at sites.
- Monitor trends and market conditions in the region
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a marketing role, preferably within visitor attractions, leisure, travel or tourism.
- Experienced in the creation of campaignable content and management of consumer advertising and digital marketing campaigns.
- Budgetary responsibility.
What's on Offer
12 month contract salary paying circa £30k.