You are here
Marketing Procurement Category Manager
Leading Global FMCG & Chemicals Company based in Slough
Looking for a Marketing Procurement Category Manager to join their team
About Our Client
The Leading Global FMCG & Chemicals Company based in Slough is one of the world's leading industrial companies. Their global activities are organized into three businesses units. On a management level, they operate with a two-member Board of Management, and seven-strong Executive Committee.
The client has multiple trusted global brands and products, many of them household names, others are more specialist products. Innovation sits at the heart of their activities. Whether they are developing new products or services, they are focused on making life easier for their customers. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, they are committed to creating more value from radically less resources.
In order to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, they also believe our products and expertise can help cities deliver a stronger sense of community purpose, pride and happiness.
The Leading Global FMCG & Chemicals Company based in Slough is offering the Marketing Procurement Category Manager
- Spend Value ~ 20 EUR / year
- Market & Internal organization complexity ~ Deco EMEA, 2+ countries
- Number of suppliers 10 - 30
- Implementation of agreed Savings vs target on projects
- OWC - Freed-up cash and DPO
- Process & data management: VP, OTP, NPNP
- Safety: Engage with suppliers to improve safety on MU / MSU
- Innovation: Tap suppliers innovations (eg, e-commerce, product or process innovation)
- Interdisciplinary project management
- Absolute and % savings on allocated budget
- % of projects on time and within budget
- Team engagement on Viewpoint
- PO compliance
- % suppliers set-up against Standard Payment Terms
- Vendor Policy
- Aligns strategy with BU management & ANS
- Maximizes contracted value for AN
- Involved in supplier reviews at senior level to monitor innovation and continuous improvement
- Aware of / Instigates market developments and innovative changes across a broad region / BU coverage
- Coordinates activities with suppliers / functional leads / BU Managers to ensure long term effectiveness
- Embeds system efficiencies in P2P processes
The key objectives for this role are as follows:
- Liaising with International main buyers and other countries in view of increasing leverage with international suppliers, and more widespread use of best practice across the region.
- Driving one-country tenders, with a focus on innovation, TCO, security of supply and sustainability.
- Acting as a Purchasing Business Partner of Marketing and Sales teams, in both Trade and Retail industry for the Region.
- Securing, rationalizing and managing the supplier base with an aggressive savings target.
- Good understanding of marketing skills, processes and ways of interacting both internally and with agencies.
- Participating in cross-functional and trans-national projects
- Leadership to drive category improvements across the region and beyond
- Ensuring corporate compliance for Marketing buying activities
The Successful Applicant
The Slough Based Marketing Procurement Category Manager will need:
- Good understanding of sourcing skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and in matrix organisation
- Demonstrated capability of good interpersonal skills
- Innovative and leading change management
- Understand and be able to establish common ground
- Business and financial understanding
- Capable of synthesising needs across different BU's
- Self-confident team player
- Digital Marketing Procurement specialisation
- Management of suppliers/agencies
- Management of stakeholders expectations
- In depth knowledge of purchasing processes
- Negotiation assurance
- Analytical skills, analysing jointly with internal clients areas of success and future improvement
- Influencing skills with multiple stakeholders
- In depth analysis of value propositions
- Result orientation and drive
- Communication and presentation skills
- Master's degree preferred or comparable work and thinking level.
- Minimum 5 years significant experience in similar in-job or purchasing position
- Any additional foreign language
- Knowledge of E-commerce tools and processes
- SAP, SRM or other mainstream ERP system knowledge
- Experience within the Coatings Industry
What's on Offer
The Leading Global FMCG & Chemicals Company based in Slough is offering the Marketing Procurement Category Manager a great salary and Package to join the team. up to £65,000 + Package