You are here
Automotive Material Planner
OEM based in Coventry
About Our Client
OEM Based in Coventry
The role of a Material Planner is to verify that production line delivery aligns with minimum stock targets and logistics costs. The main missions of the role are to:
- Build up the Procurement Program by dividing and leveling piece procurements
- Follow up the Procurement Program realization by managing alert systems and follow the unloading, receipt and transportation of pieces.
- Follow supplier delivery performance and the service of logistics partners and propose appropriate improvement action plans.
- Achieve the transportation program on a monthly basis and the transportation scheme semi-annually.
- Direct packaging management.
- Ensure that logistics conventions comply with purchasing objectives and support conditions set by suppliers for procurement and packaging and by logistics partners for transport and services.
- Verify that Sales and Production Plan capacity requirements can be supported by suppliers and implement corrective actions when necessary.
- Making visits to Suppliers as required to obtain maximum effect on Suppliers performance, acting as a trouble-shooter and strengthening supplier and customer relationships.
- Setting and achieving targets to reduce inventory levels and achieve cost savings.
- Reporting any parts affected by Engineering changes ensuring that the Bill of Materials reflects the changes, using a high degree of accuracy in assessing introduction dates and run out stock, reporting any liability and raising stock disposal requests if necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Commitment to work towards professional accreditation with an industry related body
- Previous experience of materials planning ideally in the automotive or manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of supply chain processes and their interdependencies
- Understanding of supplier relationships and some experience of working with suppliers
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems or similar
- Knowledge of lean techniques may be advantageous
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
What's on Offer
up to £30,000