You are here
Materials buyer - electronics
- Materials Buyer
- Northampton based electronic manufacturer
About Our Client
My client are a leading electronic business based in Northampton.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Achieving targets that have been set for savings on current product lines.
- Being the main point of contact for all purchasing enquiries.
- Identifying areas where savings can be made.
- creating cost down activities.
- maintaining and using the ERP system effectively for maintaining stock levels.
- communication on all levels and through all departments to maintain high levels of performance.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and attributes:
- experience working in an electronic manufacturing environment, dealing with suppliers and manufacturers.
- a good level of education.
- experience using ERP systems
- a track record of negotiation with in a purchasing environment.
- a great communicator on all levels.
- a fantastic and positive attitude towards work.
- CIPS qualified
- experience of Far East Sourcing
- experience procuring electronic components and cables.
- Exposure to contract manufacturing
What's on Offer
In return my client are offering a salary of up to £22,000 and a unique way of working. This is a fantastic opportunity with in a very exciting company.