You are here
- Michael Page are looking to recruit for a Materials Manager
- For a leading automotive organisation based in the West Midlands
About Our Client
My client is a leading automotive business based in the West Midlands
- To ensure that all material transactions and movements are properly recorded in the appropriate system, in the most effective and cost efficient manner.
- Working in conjunction with manufacturing and production from customer demand information, set and agree such inventory levels and production schedules that will effectively support the on-going daily sales achievements whilst making best use of the Company's financial and other resources.
- Devise, implement and maintain a Production Plan which can be used to advance plan material and tooling availability ensuring a smooth and efficient flow of work through the various production departments by establishing the most economic batch quantities and facilitating their timely manufacture.
- Manage people resources to control and co-ordinate the movement of parts and product through the various production processes and production departments.
- Ensure that all items required to support the fabrication departments are available on time and delivered to the appropriate stocking point ahead of their actual requirement.
- To be responsible for the purchasing of all raw materials, bought in parts, subcontract and revenue items, ensuring that the most cost effective sources are employed.
- To establish and implement the appropriate procedures to review all purchasing sources having due regard to price, quality and performance. Establish vendor ratings and maintain regular top level and high profile contacts with key suppliers critical to Company performance.
- Conduct such research as may be necessary to provide the Company with new and alternative sources of supply, ensuring that such sources are properly evaluated and rated prior to their acceptance as approved suppliers.
- Establish and implement and regularly review the most appropriate stock management procedure as will effectively ensure the proper, recorded movement of each item/batch whilst it is in the 'ownership' of a specified department.
- Ensure that all employees operating within the Logistics function understand their responsibilities to the Company, the Customer and each other and the importance of accurate and timely actions.
- Ensure that all information inputted into the Company computer files by members of the Logistics function is accurate and on time in order to maintain the total integrity of the Company management information system.
- To act as the focal point for enquiries relating to the stock distribution, production plans and availability as may as may be requested from time to time.
- Maintain an up top date knowledge of technological developments as far as they relate to materials management techniques and products and to advise management of these where they are deemed to be of interest or potential benefit to the Company.
- To assist in the preparation and construction of the Company Annual Budget in the areas that are under the control of the logistics function.
- To provide such management guidance to those operating within the logistics function so that they may efficiently and effectively discharge their duties.
- To identify employees who exhibit personal attributes which may justify promotion and to recommend the appropriate training programme.
- Maintain a disciplined workplace operating within the provisions of the Company Staff and Works Rules and appropriate Disciplinary Procedures.
- Maintain effective and co-operative relationships with all other company members to build and advance job satisfaction and team spirit.
- Maintain a clean and efficient working environment and ensure full compliance with the existing provisions of the Health and Safety at Work Legislation, COSSH and any modifications, additions or improvements that may be introduced.
- To be responsible for the administration and operation of the Company Annual Stock take and for any mid term check that may be deemed necessary. To introduce a system of perpetual inventory which will ensure all major production/fabrication components and parts are checked at least bi-annually.
- Prepare and submit in accordance with financial month end cut off dates, a monthly report to Senior Management summarising with support detail and information the activities, successes, failures that the Logistics Function has recorded during the period and which is planned/expected for the future.
- To liaise with Sales/Engineering to ensure a planned introduction of new jobs from sample order receipt, ISIR to full production status.
The Successful Applicant
Ability to build team spirit
Good problem solving and analytical mind
Good self-expression and communicator bother verbal and written
Desire to succeed
What's on Offer