You are here
Materials Planning and Logistics Manager
- Fabulous Opportunity in Cambridgeshire
- End to End Supply Chain Role
About Our Client
The client is a rapidly developing engieering business, privately owned within the industrial / manufacturing sector. Based in Cambridgeshire, the opportunity is excellent ,inked to some major arterial routes so should be of interest to anyone based in the region, extending out far as the south Midlands and home counties.
The responsibilities of the Materials Planning and Logistics Manager will be as follows:
- Forecasting, purchasing and scheduling of finished goods.
- Manage warehousing of finished goods and 3PL partner.
- Work with product quality department to deliver defect free finished goods.
- Primary contact for supplier factories including forecasting, quality, costings and review.
- Oversee production and assembly in the warehouse and contribute to planning for 3PL transformation.
- Visits to factories to coordinate the ongoing product requirements.
- Ensure the company is achieving value for money within the supply chain.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Materials Planning and Logistics Manager position will have demonstrable experience in forecasting, as well as the planning and scheduling of materials from both a production and logistics point of view within an industrial manufacturing environment. Prior experience of leading teams and also cross team integration is also pivotal. The company are still very much in development, and as such the successful applicant will need to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to a number of new scenarios, and be capable of developing SOPs.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary of circa £50K is on offer as well as a strong benefits package.