You are here
Mechanical Design Engineer
- Solidwork and 3D experience is required.
- Working with a range of Mechanical Products.
About Our Client
Located in Mansfield my client design & manufacture into a very niche market for engineering solutions. With a current workforce of 50 employees, this opportunity is down to an increase in market demand and the opportunity to develop new and existing products. If you have a strong design engineering background with the experience of using solidworks/2d/3d please apply below.
Reporting directly into the Operations Director as the Design Engineer / Senior Design Engineer you will be responsible for working on new and existing product ranges with a strong partnership to shop floor and other engineering personnel.
Our client is looking to add either a Design Engineer or Senior Design Engineer to their talented team and are looking at candidates both looking for a step up and those who are established with extensive industry and Design knowledge. You will take ownership of a number of Design Projects from cradle to grave.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of all design activities from concept through to production validation.
- The robust design of products in accordance with the department procedures
- Investigating design factors such as function, materials, performance, interchangeability, cost, operational efficiency.
- Preparation of Project Engineering data for new product assemblies and components, eg 3D / 2D Drawings, BOM's, Technical Specifications
- Customer technical liaison on new projects, ensuring that the designs meet the customer's requirements and often exceed their expectations and remain competitive to achieve sales growth and increase market share.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the position of Design Engineer based in Mansfield you will have:
- Qualified to HND/Degree level in an engineering discipline, ideally Mechanical or Product Design
- You must possess a sound knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and product design processes.
- It is essential that you have at least 2 years' experience designing using 3D CAD & Solidworks.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
What's on Offer
£30,000 - £40,000