You are here
- Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
- PLC Fault Finding
About Our Client
Established 100 years ago, my client are a successful manufacturer of aggregate materials for the construction and flooring industry. My client supply to and are associated with many of the major builders merchants, buying groups and independent suppliers.
Reporting to the Works Manager, the Mechanical fitter will be working within a small Maintenance team holding responsibility for day to day engineering support on a fully automated plant. This will include fault finding, general plant repairs, light fabrication, welding and continuous improvement projects. As part of a small team you will be required to work closely with the electrical engineer therefore you will need to be able to work on your own initiative, prioritise your own work load and be a driving force in developing the PPM strategy on site. This role will involve a great deal of autonomy and will have a direct impact on the director of the engineering function.
Some electrical experience will be an advantage as a part of this small engineering team. Flexibility is key, this role is fundamental to supporting the ongoing production operation and thus the continued success of the company. Occasional weekend working may be required.
Responsibilities will include:
- General day to day breakdowns
- Ordering and managing engineering spares and stock
- Identifying and developing preventative maintenance strategy including being instrumental in setting up a computerised maintenance management system.
- Up keep and expansion of work shop facilities and storage.
- Continuous improvement of plant.
- Assisting on electrical breakdowns
- Recording and analysing breakdown logs
- Tool making
- Managing contractors on site
- Manage the H&S aspects of the operation to meet and/or exceed legislative requirements and Company standards
- PLC Fault Finding
The Successful Applicant
To apply for this Mechanical Fitter role, you will have:
- Demonstrable experience of knowledge of working in an automated production environment.
- Formal qualification in Mechanical Engineering - HNC/HND is essential.
- A good general knowledge of electrical operations is also required as this is a small team.
- Familiarity with PLC's (Allen-Bradley and Siemens S7)
- Ability to manage contractors
- Able to work to tight deadlines and objectives
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experienced desired
What's on Offer
A competitive salary is on offer for the successful candidate.