You are here
Media Sales Executive
- Global Brand Field Sales Position
- Fantastic Career Opportunity
About Our Client
The business is a leading media company who create content and provide data insights. They create iconic brands, award-winning events and cutting-edge data products to enable and inspire the very best performance in a range of selected markets. The undertaking is to create products and services that make content more valuable by combining expert knowledge with the best user experience.
There are currently a team of 800 people in the London office. There are also offices in New York, Hong Kong and Singapore. With high profile brands like Metro, The Economist and The Week, it is the perfect company to develop a career in media sales.
There are 12 distinct markets ranging from finance & travel to fashion & events. And each market has a manager who is responsible for the sales executive's KPIs, training and development. There is real scope for progression and within a year to 18 months a Media Sales Executive could be looking to manage their own team, with the view of progressing even further in the company to director level.
Your primary responsibilities as a Media Sales Executive include:
- Selling advertising space on behalf of leading publishers
- Upselling brand extensions such as events, seminars and media supplements.
- Sales will be carried out over the telephone and through face-to-face visits
- Targeting a portfolio of existing optics clients and agencies, as well as new business developed by yourself
- Close high volume transactions
- Educate clients on the benefits of this service over competitors
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Media Sales Executive will:
- Have at least a year's unbroken B2B sales experience
- Be educated to degree level
- Be accustomed to use of CRM, Salesforce and efficiently use in-house systems
- Communicate articulately and professionally via email, telephone and in-person
- Be able to successfully operate in a high volume, data-driven sales environment
- Is willing and able to travel to meet clients in the London area
We are always open to hearing from people with sales experience outside of the media industry. If you think that you have sales experience that could be transferable, then we can discuss what other potential roles we could have for you.
What's on Offer
Media Sales Executives earn a very competitive base salary and commission on all sales.
The Media Sales Executive will benefit from:
- A highly competitive basic salary with considerable OTE
- Healthcare and pension schemes
- Great office incentives, a fully stocked fridge with all you favourite drinks!
- Games and sports both at lunch and after work
- Active promotion of charity days (employees can take one extra holiday per year for a charity event)
- An international team who are great fun and inviting
- Great extra incentives such as track day experiences, travel abroad and vouchers for the top London restaurants