You are here
Membership Sales Manager
- Small membership association based in Central London.
- Recruiting a Membership Sales Manager on a temp to perm basis
About Our Client
They are a small organisation with a real family feel about it. They have 700 members and represent an industry that employs 12 million people across the UK. They have a combination of full members and affinity members but are looking to grow the full member side. The have plans to double membership numbers over the next 4 years. They have a regular magazine which their members can write editorial for and run a variety of conferences and events. Sales for this are looked after by a separate member of staff.
Luckily this role is supported by an administrator which means that all the admin is taken care of. The responsibilities of the Membership Sales Manager are purely sales and increasing membership numbers/revenue.
- Researching the market and finding new prospects
- Recruiting new members by establishing contact and developing relationships
- Creating membership proposal documents
- Negotiating the terms of new membership and closing sales
- Objection handling
- Representing the association at trade exhibitions, conferences and events
Once the sale is closed, the client is passed back to the administrator to do the paperwork etc
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Membership Sales Manager will:
- Have a proven track record in sales and ideally sold membership previously
- Be independent and autonomous with good common sense
- Be willing to get involved with all aspects of the organisation as it is only small
- Coherent on the phone and personable
What's on Offer
£30-35k + 10-15% comms