You are here
- North West
About Our Client
Our client prides themselves on style and fit for their customer, they are looking for a Junior Merchandiser/Merchandiser who can support the team and will be able to work closely with the Head of Merchandising.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with the buying team to build a commercial range.
- Developing detailed range plans with appropriate product phasing to ensure availability is maximised and to minimise terminal stock.
- Monitoring range plans and trading plans to ensure optimum stock levels are achieved and OTB is maximised at all times.
- Maximising in-season trading opportunities to ensure optimum trading and profitability. Reacting to trading activity suggesting markdowns and promotions where appropriate.
- Working closely with other departments in the business, Buying, Marketing, Product Coordination, Quality Assurance. Maintaining a collaborative approach to work and ensuring that all ranges and promotions are in line with business strategy and aligned with brand values.
- Performing detailed analysis and reporting at yearly, seasonal, weekly level by department, category, line and attribute. Identifying sales patterns and potential trading opportunities.
- Recruiting, training and motivating a team to ensure that business and brand objectives are met.
The Successful Applicant
What you will need to succeed:
- Currently working at Merchandiser or established Junior Merchandiser level.
- Experience planning and trading your own department, including forecasting, strategy planning and OTB management responsibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (Vlookup, Pivot Table, IF), and high level proficiency with other Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to react appropriately to in-season trading.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
- Management and leadership experience.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Package