You are here
- Merchandiser (Interim Contract)
- Blue Chip Retailer
About Our Client
Our client is large retailer who are expanding at the moment and are based in the South Yorkshire area.They are looking for a strong, commercial merchandiser who can support the merchandising team and develop junior members.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of seasonal buying plans through thorough analysis of historical data and understanding of future trends and activities.
- Set and agreed KPIs with buyer, sales, margin, markdown, terminal stock and stock phasing.
- Working with the Buyer to develop commercial, balanced ranges within this framework.
- Ensure final ranges selected meet targets outlined
- Plan and control the product intake phasing
- Maximise opportunities and minimise risks by monitoring performance verses plan and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Accurate forecasting of markdown and terminal stock forecasts. Minimising unplanned markdown.
- Maintain effective control of Open to buy, intake, allocation.
- Managing, training and developing Assistant Merchandisers and Allocators
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- High standard of numerical and analytical ability
- Previous experience within Merchandising.
- Commercial awareness
What's on Offer