You are here
Merchandiser (Interim Contract)
Blue Chip Retailer
About Our Client
Our client is large retailer who are expanding at the moment and are based in the South Yorkshire area.They are looking for a strong, commercial merchandiser who can support the merchandising team and develop junior members.
The Merchandiser will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of seasonal buying plans through thorough analysis of historical data and understanding of future trends and activities.
- Set and agreed KPIs with buyer, sales, margin, markdown, terminal stock and stock phasing.
- Working with the Buyer to develop commercial, balanced ranges within this framework.
- Ensure final ranges selected meet targets outlined
- Plan and control the product intake phasing
- Maximise opportunities and minimise risks by monitoring performance verses plan and taking remedial action where necessary.
- Accurate forecasting of markdown and terminal stock forecasts. Minimising unplanned markdown.
- Maintain effective control of Open to buy, intake, allocation.
- Managing, training and developing Assistant Merchandisers and Allocators
The Successful Applicant
The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- High standard of numerical and analytical ability
- Previous experience within Merchandising.
- Commercial awareness
What's on Offer