You are here
Merchandising Retail Insight Analyst
Strong Retail Insights Analyst needed
Working alongside Buying and Merchandising Function
About Our Client
The client are an ever evolving retail business based in Hertfordshire. The business has seen significant growth in recent years and this due to the constant analysis of it's commercial function and the continuous improvement of the buying and merchandising processes, therefore making this role an invaluable addition the business and the client looks to continue its exciting journey.
As a merchandising retail insight analyst you will hold a pivotal role in the business, constantly asking questions around the processes and why the function is behaving and performing in the way that it is and the wider business impact this has, and what positives could be gained from adapting ways of working and why.
This role is a very analytical role and will involve analysing various aspects of the buying and merchandising divisions such as.
- Warehouse management, optimal levels of stock, time between delivery and dispatch
- Impact of selling out of stock at specific periods
- Promotional activity and optimal time to run promotions across various products
- Optimising product range and profitability
- Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly performance why it has improved/decreased and how to increase
The Successful Applicant
This role will be looking for someone who can display the technical analysis and commercial skills but also carries many intangible attributes.
The ideal candidate will
- Have background in Retail or FMCG
- Have relevant Analysis experience either in an operational Buying or Merchandising position or in a similar retail insight analyst role or position where you are responsible for managing large data sets
- Have strong commercial acumen, ability to influence, negotiate, build rationale and present at all levels
- Have the ability to understand trends in the market and ensure these are utilised and capitalised upon.
- Have superb mathematical skills, be able to work with, manipulate, interpret and present large quantities of data
- Have reat Excel ability, with V-Lookups, Pivot Tables and SUMIFS as a minimum
- Be able to Commute to Hertfordshire
Addtional Skills (liked but not essential)
What's on Offer
This role is well rewarded for the right candidate, in terms of job on offer, career prospects, salary and package.
- Salary £35-42000 depending on level of experience
- Bonus, Health care, Pension
- Job autonomy, opportunity to really impact the company's commercial performance
- Career progression, there are multiple career paths one can take with this business