You are here
Middle Office Officer
£36,000 - £45,000
- Sits in the Credit Middle Office, Risk department of the bank
- A broad monitoring role within a small team
About Our Client
London based financial services role with a Global bank focused on Africa.
The Middle Office Officer will be responsible for;
- Reminding BD/WM of the need for customer's review including KYC & Risk Assessment (Financial information etc). Preparation of monthly Review report
- Intermediary/support for customer & RM requirements/queries for the bank's legal firms
- Examining and confirming to BD/WM that all documentation complete/enforceable prior to disbursement under the facility
- Responsible for safe housing/storage of documentation and ensuring adequate security held at all times with yearly audit
- Preparation of monthly Document Deficiency report
- Monitoring and logging of covenants and preparation of Covenant Exception report on a monthly basis
- Keeping insurance file current in respect of loans, where required
- Issuing and monitoring Facility Setup forms for any new customers and monitoring/ setting up of limits by Credit for new/amended limits
- Liaising with Settlements and Finance (in need) regarding the loan set-up and disbursement entries.
- Logging and following all applications/approvals to MCC & GCC & scanning all approvals and circulating once returned from MCC & GCC. Attending and recording of weekly MCC meetings & writing up & circulating of minutes afterwards. Carry out/follow up resultant actions if need be.
- Working closely with Risk Management and other departments within the Bank to assist and achieve CAMO objectives.
- Assisting Risk Management in updating/maintaining Credit Risk Policy/Procedures/Scoring manuals.
- Assisting Risk Management in weekly and monthly reporting
- Assisting in organising meetings (Departmental, MCC etc.)
- Authorising & checking of static data input, including opening of new accounts
- Keeping Customer files (soft copy folders) organised.
- Managing customer static data in T24
- Complying with the FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules, as outlined below
- Monitoring customer account reviews
- Daily overdue loan reporting
The Successful Applicant
The Middle Office Officer should have;
- Previous operational experience is necessary, preferably in a client oriented financial or banking environment. (5 years).
- Knowledge of MS Office and an aptitude for learning new software packages, accurate and high standards of numeracy oral and written English language, along with good organisational and communication skills and a professional attitude.
- Motivation to ensure accurate and comprehensive productivity plus the ability to identify procedures that will enhance the administrative function of the department. Self-motivation and initiative are essential.
- An appropriate financial qualification and good IT skills - Microsoft Office/Excel
- Academic and professional qualification
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and benefits