You are here
- Opportunity to join a rapidly growing Tier-2 Automotive business.
- The role is within a fast paced, advanced engineering team.
About Our Client
The business is a Tier 2 manufacturer of Automotive products used for a number of applications within the market. With a global presence and over 25,000 members of staff worldwide this is a secure and progressive business, always looking to develop its sites and people to keep on top of its competition.
- To make/repair any equipment in order to assist the manufacturing process. Effective support for machine breakdowns and repairs. A constant focus on reducing machine and plant down time is required with a view to increasing OEE availability.
- Contributing to the efficient running of the production lines by conforming to quality, safety standards.
- Responsible for the request of necessary spares to be procured from Stores. Completion of the relevant paperwork to trigger the re-ordering of the parts removed from stock.
- Respond immediately to machinery breakdowns/ line stoppages.
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts in accordance with planned maintenance schedules. Creating new PPM schedules when required to improve plant availability.
- Report any major faults to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be fully aware of the production quality and efficiency standards, and to maximise outputs in relation to the maintenance function. Ensuring line running speeds are achieved and improve efficiency by modifications after consultation with the Maintenance Supervisor.
The Successful Applicant
Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification.
Qualifications which would be essential.
- The Maintenance Technician will have completed apprenticeship or equivalent
- Must hold an engineering qualification NVQ Level 3 electrical or NVQ Level 3 mechanical or equivalent.
- City & Guilds 2382 16th or 17th Edition wiring regulations.
Qualifications which would be desirable.
- PLC qualifications. Siemens / Alan Bradley.
- ONC/ HNC.
- Basic electrical / mechanical Maintenance
A broad engineering background with experience of working in an automated, fast-moving manufacturing environment would be desirable.
Previous experience of multiskilling would be essential.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary - 3 Shift systems - Shift Allowance - OT - Pension