You are here
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
- Tier 1 Automotive business
- Newly created opportunity
About Our Client
The client is a Tier 1 Automotive business that deals with some of the biggest Automotive OEM's in the world, with over 600 people on site there is a wealth of opportunity to learn and develop within this role. The business is an international corporation that spans globally and turns over £700 million worldwide.
- Actively prioritise workload;
- Respond quickly and effectively to unplanned problems, breakdowns and emergency repairs to drive improvement efficiency;
- Provide solutions to failed situations - electrical and mechanical - providing comprehensive information about failures, fault findings, repairs and actions taken, liaising with other engineers and operational management;
- Work on installations and commissioning of new equipment across site;
- Provide reactive and PPM maintenance to site machinery, equipment and systems, utilising best practice, in a timely manner to the highest standards;
- Work on a variety of production-based machinery; ensure production is made within quality control parameters;
- Optimise line performance by maximising equipment available;
- Assist with site projects, including the installation of new equipment installations and machine modifications;
- Supervise contractors on-site ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Co-ordinate and supervision of maintenance apprentice ensuring compliance of all company EHS requirements;
- Undertake continuous professional development and on-the-job training when required;
- Take seriously, and demonstrate best practice with regards to the Health, Safety & welfare of self and others;
- Deliver excellent house-keeping standards; control of maintenance tools, stores and equipment.
The Successful Applicant
- HND or HNC and / or recognised engineering apprentice within a manufacturing engineering environment;
- Qualified electrical engineer holding 17th edition (Essential);
- Industrial maintenance background, with experience of maintaining and repairing production machinery.
- Electrical installation experience;
- Fault finding ability both electrical and mechanically.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, good shift pattern, pension and site benefits.