You are here
This position is now filled
National Account Manager
- Specialist food & drinks logistics provider
- National remit with strong key account experience
About Our Client
The client is one of the Market leaders in food and drink chilled logistics industry offering a series of high quality supply chain solutions.
The client is currently working with some of the worlds leading brands and companies. Their strategic focus is on the chilled food and drink logistics market and they deliver on an efficient cost effective solution.
Being highly established within the market they are looking for an experienced Account Manager with chilled logistics exposure to join their team.
- Managing the commercial relationship and development of specific clients within network, in order to retain existing portfolio together with attracting and building on these relationships in order to maximise the supply chain standing.
- Develop a comprehensive SWOT analysis by Client and Depot.
- Support the Commercial General Manager and Operations Director in identifying potential acquisition targets and / or joint venture opportunities.
- Demonstrate a strong technical understanding of systems and other systems available within the market place.
- Work with the site General Managers, to conduct an annual appraisal of all clients within the network and jointly make recommendations to the Board.
- Coordinate and chair review meetings with existing clients, ensuring strong relationships are built and sustained with the Operational teams.
- Develop the communication channels with existing clients, to ensure that queries are dealt with, by the right teams, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that any changes both internally and externally are communicated to the client base on a pro active basis where necessary.
- Bring to the attention of the Commercial General Manager, any requests for changes to the clients existing business profile in order to evaluate the commercial impact and appropriate actions.
- Maintain all existing shared commercial files with information relating to any commercial activities and opportunities.
- Assist in any projects as requested by the Commercial General Manager.
- Support the Business Development Manager and Commercial Director in contract negotiations ensuring that both the Group Operational needs and costs are met and the Client needs and expectations are supported.
- Focus on the Operational and Clients needs to ensure sustained profitability whilst always reviewing and thriving for continuous improvements and efficiency's in order to support and maximise Groups growth and profitability.
- Develop and agree Joint Business Plans with customers, drive activity and monitor performance on an on-going basis.
- High levels of commercial awareness and an eagle eye to spot & exploit commercial opportunities and 'lock the customer'
- Manage the account P & L with tools available to the team.
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced with chilled logistics goods
- Capability to operate at a very senior level.
- High level understanding of the logistics market.
- Experience of acquisition, mergers and joint ventures.
- Strong understanding of retailer supply chains.
- Efficient time management in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately under pressure.
- Able to work as part of a team or individually.
- Professional, approachable and helpful when communicating with clients and colleagues.
- Analytically and strategically minded
- A strong negotiator.
- Passionate about the food & drink industry.
- A brilliant relationship builder who can represent to all clients effectively.
What's on Offer
Â£50,000 + Car