You are here
National Account Manager
National Account manager, Food Manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is a leading food manufacturer and has major processing facilities at multiple sites. They work across multiple categories and are renowned for their quality ingredients.
The company's strategic objectives are based around adding value to the production process and offering high-quality, bespoke food products. They have both an own label and branded offering with strong, long lasting retail relationships.
This role requires the individual to be a retail expert within the sales team, reporting to a Senior National Account Manager. The role has a high level of influence and total responsibility for the designated account budget that requires extensive knowledge and account management skills to optimise the business return.
The NAM will both understand and contribute to the development of the business's growth strategy within Tesco.
You will be expected to be the main day-to-day contact for Tesco, maintaining regular liaison with other account managers, as well as other internal stakeholders such as Category.
The Successful Applicant
We require the following skill set:
- Outstanding communication skills with customer facing experience as a National Account Manager on Grocery/High Street/Convenience accounts.
- Ideally you will have experience in both Own Label and Branded businesses.
- Ability to build close relationships with key contacts to create sustainable joint business plans that deliver long term.The ability to analyse and deal with complex scenarios and present solutions in a simple and effective manner.
- Resilient and tenacious with the ability to work on own initiative to problem solve.
- Able to establish and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Comfortable working in a process and target driven working environment.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
What's on Offer
Competitive package plus benefits