You are here
National Transport Manager
- National Transport Manager
- UK Wide Role
About Our Client
Our client is a high performing wholesaler of a major UK Plc, they are the market and brand leader in their product area and part of a parent company that has reach across multiple sectors. The divisional business where this role sits is complex and sophisticated, serving customers at the heart of the UK economy.
As National Transport Manager you will need to have:
- A successful track record of operating a sizable in-house fleet across multiple sites with clear accountability
- Experience of operating successfully in an environment that is fast moving and dynamic, where you have to respond effectively to changing demands and complex customer requirements
- A National CPC qualification and experience of manging multiple Operator Licences
- Proven experience of manging a significant multi-discipline team, setting and measuring goals and creating a strong team-working ethic across a team operating in different locations
- Experience of ensuring all staff have role appropriate qualifications and that all relevant legislation and regulations are adhered to
- Self-motivated and results driven with strong relationship building skills and the ability to work to deadlines and deliver results
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
This National Transport Manager is a very exciting time to join an ambitious business, with a progressive approach. It is an important job, with high expectations, and it is therefore a high profile appointment for the company. This appointment has great potential to add value to the business.
The Successful Applicant
The National Transport Manager role has significant budget responsibility with a fleet of over 70 vehicles, managing the transport requirements for a significant number of distribution sites across the UK.
It is therefore essential that the successful candidate has the proven ability to not just manage complex on-going operations but also the ability to build relationships across all relevant areas of warehouse, logistics and the wider business.
You will need to show that you can work intelligently and collaboratively to improve efficiencies, be pro-active in embracing new thinking and technologies, whilst keeping the customer at the centre of your thinking.
What's on Offer
A salary of c£45,000 - £55,000 - Company car, pension, phc