You are here
Network & Infrastructure Engineer
- Responsible for the design and delivery of a complex IT global infrastructure.
- Working for an iconic, British fashion brand with a global presence.
About Our Client
- You will be joining a business with an international and iconic brand presence in the exciting world of global fashion.
- The business have grown organically over the past decade, and are projecting significant levels of further expansion over the next few years.
- With annual revenues in excess of £200m, the business are actively investing into a number of areas internally, with one focus being on technology, and their cutting-edge IT function.
- As part of their ongoing restructure, they are presently relocating a large part of their Northampton IT estate to London;
- Post transition, both sites will remain as IT hubs, so as the successful candidate you will have the chance to work on either site on a permanent basis.
- As the Network & Infrastructure Engineer, you will be reporting directly into the Global Network and Infrastructure Manager, working as part of lean IT function covering the UK infrastructure.
- You will be joining the business to lead a large-scale transition of an IT estate from Northampton to a London office.
- You will be required to work on both a hands-on and strategic basis, ultimately mapping out projects from a design perspective, and then implementing them.
- Some of the key projects you will be working on will include a VMware 6 upgrade, IT security hardening, Office 365 deployment, and projects around backups, storage and disaster recovery.
- The role will initially work on a 6 month fixed-term contract basis, with the view to going permanent once the site transition has been completed.
The Successful Applicant
- As the Network & Infrastructure Engineer, you will have at least 5 years experience in the design and integration of networking infrastructure, ideally at an enterprise level.
- This will ideally cover Windows and Cisco/Cisco Meraki-based technologies.
- You will have a strong level of experience implementing and supporting virtualised environments, particularly with a VMware focus.
- You will have a strong level of experience with Active Directory, covering areas such as group policies.
- You will ideally have a good level of experience with network security areas, such as firewalls.
- You will have a strong understanding of data storage and disaster recovery solutions.
- As the Network & Infrastructure Engineer, you will be a team player, and have the flexibility to work across different sites.
What's on Offer
£40,000-£45,000 + BUPA healthcare + pension + additional benefits.