You are here
New Role - R&D Tax Manager
- Specialist Team
- Vibrant Practice
About Our Client
An R&D Manager role with a growing and entrepreneurial practice based in the City. My client is an attractive firm providing professional services to a range of technology focused clients.
- Actively supervising and training new and less experienced R&D consultants as well as business development teams
- Line-management responsibilities for allocated junior staff
- Leading R&D tax relief meetings with clients, building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure
- Undertaking technical assessments and producing technical summaries
- Revision of technical and financial assessments prepared by other members of the team
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of relevant tax legislation and guidelines
- Preparation of R&D claim financial calculations and liaison with both internal and external tax teams to ensure tax returns and computations correctly reflect the outcome of technical assessments
- Project management of R&D tax relief claims such as liaising with clients, colleagues and HMRC to ensure claims are optimised and deadlines are met
- First point of contact with client
- Developing relationships with relevant key contacts at HMRC
- Where inquiries are opened by HMRC, actively leading in their resolution
- Actively developing and promoting, both internally and externally
- Taking a flexible approach to core working hours and a willingness to meet exacting service delivery standards
- Continuously developing own knowledge and skills and to keep technical/financial knowledge up to date
- Representing the Firm at seminars, presentations and other events.
- Willingness to travel within the UK.
The Successful Applicant
- A holder of a recognised Postgraduate Degree. This in combination with a business degree and/or other finance degree/qualification would be an advantage.
- Significant experience in preparing successful R&D tax relief claims.
- Excellent knowledge of UK R&D tax relief schemes and claim quantification.
- Proven experience of managing several projects simultaneously, and experience in working within a business unit with internal and external clients.
- Proven experience of working independently on R&D tax relief claims for both small and large companies, with proven record of comfortably liaising with Managing Directors, Financial Directors, CEOs , CTOs etc… of such companies.
What's on Offer
A super environment for you to grow as a professional and work with market leaders