You are here
Night Shift Production Manager
- Permanent Nights
- Site responsibility - Food manufacturing
About Our Client
Our client is an expanding food manufacturer based in West Yorkshire that has a large international presence.
- Produce and update the production plan on a daily basis, communicating the requirements for the day to all departmental supervisors.
- Ensure that the target productivity level is achieved on a daily basis, by minimizing waste and through the effective management of staffing levels and skills on the appropriate lines.
- Manage and schedule the incoming and outgoing stock levels maintaining total compliance with customer specifications and ensuring that the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- Effectively manage all departmental personnel ensuring that compliance with current employment legislation is maintained.
- Oversee the allocation of annual leave and the general management of absenteeism.
- Maintain the appropriate departmental health and safety procedures at all times including ensuring that the necessary PPE is worn by all staff.
- Review and update the training requirements of the department in line with current legislation and changing departmental operations.
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of production areas in line with customer and technical requirements.
- Constantly assess the product specifications maintaining best quality products at all times and implementing changes where necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to ensure the throughput of all products in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all staff have been given the appropriate level of training necessary to carry out their work within legislative and Health and Safety guidelines.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing large teams
- An effective people manager; you will be a strong leader and role model, exemplifying a best practice approach across all areas of production management who can develop the same in others
- As a driven self motivated individual you will be able to demonstrate not only your ability to take the lead and make effective decisions but also be able to be innovative and resilient.
What's on Offer
circa £35k + Benefits