You are here
Do you have experience working in an online trading role?
Are you looking for a new opportunity for a managerial level position?
About Our Client
An specialist online home and textiles retail store, founded over ten years ago passionate people, dedicated to providing the highest standard of choice, value and service their customers all over the world.
They pride themselves on their variety, stocking one of the biggest ranges of their specialist product in the UK with over 100,000 items from leading brands, as well as producing our own award-winning range.
Equipped with a new CEO & Head of Digital Marketing at the helm there couldn't be a better time to join. The expertise is in place to build the market positioning and product offering online, and now they are in need of a talented Online Merchandiser to join their ranks and oversee the day-to-day trading and optimisation of the site.
The key responsibilities for the Online Merchandiser, for this Home and Textiles Retail business based in Kent will involve the following:
- Working closely with the Senior Management team at Head Office to devise and implement the Merchandising strategy
- Development of seasonal range briefs to Marketing, encompassing seasonal trends, competitor market place, reflecting areas of market opportunity
- Setting up product categorisation to effectively analyse and plan ranges throughout the season
- Planning global pricing structure
- Planning budgets and margins at a product level to optimise turnover and profit
- Devising Open-to-Buy (OTB) budgets, and forecasting stock needs, rates of sale, and sell-through to reach financial budgets
- Developing optimum stock units and SKU capacities by category for all channels
- Forecasting and planning packaging requirements
- Planning and monitoring online sales and margin targets down to category level
- Planning markdown and stock exit strategies
- Planning and generating all pre-season/in season/post season analysis and reporting by channel and Product for all channels (Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Yearly) to enable strategic decisions
- Working with the Marketing team to develop and manage the critical path to ensure deliveries meet the needs of the business
- Developing and communicating the stock launch calendar, and ensure that this can support and drive seasonal trading peaks
- Assisting in securing new Wholesale brands to drive business growth
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be expected to possess the following key skills and experience:
- Experience working in an ecommerce merchandising and/or online category management role
- Confident producing ad-hoc, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly merchandising and trading reports to aid decision making
- Well organised, able to manage varied relationships with internal and external contributors, and able to bring ideas to the business
- Strong Excel experience to effectively analyse data
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and package is on offer for this Online Merchandiser role, as well as the opportunity to progress within this growing business.
The head office location is easily accessible from the M25 coming out of London, or travelling there from the South East Coast.
This is a trading role, successful applicants will have experience in core Merchandise Planning as well as E-commerce Trading.
This is not a Visual Merchandising role.