You are here
Online Trading Manager
- Leading retailer within the North East
- Great position for a commercially minded marketer
About Our Client
One of the most recognisable brands in retailing, with a network of extremely successful stores throughout the UK. My client continue to grow from strength to strength thanks to their great products, teamed up with driven and focused staff.
Lead the online merchandise process. Responsible for ensuring all products are correctly merchandised on the websites according to business needs and campaign plans. Own the promotional plans for both brand websites. Cross-functional working to plan and execute campaigns and promotions, ensuring they are legal and delivered on time. Devise and own weekly trading plans for each site and proactively react to trading conditions as required.
In addition to this you will be required to:
Optimise the online shopping journey through product placement, sorting rules, and onsite search results.
Lead weekly trading meetings with the online sales, group merchandise, offline marketing and digital marketing teams.
Analyse sales data, trends and competitor activity to recommend appropriate action to maximise sales opportunities.
Set up daily monitoring tools to track competitor prices, products and promotions, and general market conditions. Report findings to ensure we remain competitive.
Evaluate and report the performance of promotions and offers using financial and web metrics. Manage a program of AB testing to continually optimise the websites and enhance the customer journey.
Oversee the replication of all merchandise changes to the live site.
The Successful Applicant
Experience / Skills required:
- *Proven track record in a successful, fast-paced, national retail business.
- Technical understanding of ecommerce platforms.
- Good working knowledge of web analytics, e.g., Google Analytics.
- Strives to achieve consistently high levels of customer service (external and internal customers).
- Commercially astute.
- *Results focused and able to self-manage and prioritise own workload efficiently.
- Trading mentality - able to work at pace, challenge and drive results and track what works and doesn't.
- Strong analytical skills, confident with numbers and able to spot patterns and trends, with the ability to adapt commercial plans to exploit opportunities.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and communication skills with the ability to influence and provide solutions to challenges.
What's on Offer
Employee discount scheme.