You are here
Operation Improvement Manager
- Continuous / Operation Improvement Manager in the South East of England
- Great opportunity to join a market leading FTSE 250 business.
About Our Client
My client is a market leading Business Services business looking for a Continuous / Operation Improvement Manager to support their sites in the South East England.
The Operation Improvement Manager is responsible for identifying areas of improvement in the operational processes that will improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction. In collaboration with Key Stakeholders, optimise the productivity and quality in all plants in a consistent manner across all manufacturing and production sites in the South East England. Ensure processes complement and enhance the customer experience whilst reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
- Ensure the SOM is operating as required at site, in close co-operation with the Business Line Excellence Director and the central Excellence team.
- Develop, deliver and support delivery of site business improvement change initiatives.
- Analyse progress reports for CI projects, considering the risks, dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical milestones and forthcoming pipeline, and develop and ensure actions necessary to ensure success are implemented.
- Define, develop and publish business improvement process documentation to reflect best practice.
- Lead, define and develop continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events.
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results ensuring the change is permanent.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions and implement agreed best workflow practices for all sites in the Southern region.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Excellence Manual in all plants.
- Perform in depth analysis of current processes and develop forecast models.
- Contribute to creating a continuous improvement culture amongst site operations management teams and employees.
- Lead best practice sharing and operational excellence development.
- Register, categorise and prioritise potential improvement opportunities.
- Benchmark the sites through the agreed KPI's.
- Support local plant teams to achieve goals.
- Audit against the Operational Excellence Manual.
- Ensure productivity and quality targets are achieved.
- Perform training sessions for production managers and employees.
- Ensure that the machine & equipment setup is aligned with best practice.
- Recommend material for CAPEX applications.
- Implement small machine and equipment installation projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Knowledge of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- PRINCE 2 or similar project management techniques preferred.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or knowledge in a multi-site production environment, with a proven track record of leadership and success.
- LEAN (Six Sigma) knowledge or Black belt advantageous.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective cross-functional working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- Commercially and financially aware.
- Change management and project manager skills and knowledge.
What's on Offer
Â£40,000 + Benefits