You are here
- Well-known high street retailer seek to appoint an Operations Director
- This is a high profile role reporting directly to the Chief Executive
About Our Client
Our client are a British heritage retailer with a national remit. They have a niche offering and are seen as a market leader in what they do yet their Chief Executive and Chairman believe there are a number of opportunities to modernise and adapt their business for the next phase of growth. As a privately owned retailer, we are looking for someone who can be adaptable in their style and to the environment in which they operate.
As Operations Director and a key member of the trading board, you will be responsible for providing effective leadership to deliver sales and profitability targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Buying Director to ensure that the core product offering is right for the different store formats with high availability across all categories
- Ensuring that all retail "bricks and mortar" and ecommerce functions are effectively aligned by working closely with the Head of Ecommerce
- Support the growth of the business by delivering a first class service through stores and other channels
- Lead and inspire your business by effectively communicating the company vision, translating the vision into targets, goals and objectives
- Manage costs inline with sales performance, driving efficiencies in process to reduce cost while enhancing performance
- Ensure all stores are attractively presented and ranged appropriately inline with their geographical positioning
- Identify, prioritise and pursue branch acquisition, relocation and disposal opportunities for the business
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in the role, you will have proven experience of operating in a board level position. You should have a track record of working within a high street retail environment, ideally with experience of working within a privately owned retailer at some point in your career. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with new technology and the ability to drive its development and implementation to deliver a commercial benefit.
We are looking for someone who is highly energetic with strong communication and engagement skills. You will be commercially astute with the ability to drive things forward and get things done as well as demonstrating a true passion for retail.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a dynamic, customer focussed organisation where you can make decisions and get things done with very few "committees".