You are here
Operations Improvement Manager
- Growing International Company
- Fantastic Personal Development Programme and Career Opportuities
About Our Client
My client is a market leading Business Services business looking for a Continuous / Operations Improvement Manager to support their sites in the North of England and the Midlands.
The Operation Improvement Manager is responsible for identifying areas of improvement in the operational processes that will improve efficiencies, reduce cost and increase customer satisfaction. In collaboration with Key Stakeholders, optimise the productivity and quality in all plants in a consistent manner across all manufacturing and production sites in the North of England and the Midlands. Ensure processes complement and enhance the customer experience whilst reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
- Ensure the SOM is operating as required at site, in close co-operation with the Business Line Excellence Director and the central Excellence team.
- Develop, deliver and support delivery of site business improvement change initiatives.
- Analyse progress reports for CI projects, considering the risks, dependencies, budgets, resourcing, issues, critical milestones and forthcoming pipeline, and develop and ensure actions necessary to ensure success are implemented.
- Define, develop and publish business improvement process documentation to reflect best practice.
- Lead, define and develop continuous improvement activities designed to improve performance, such as the planning and running of lean events.
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results ensuring the change is permanent.
- Attend various meetings and action/communicate instructions and implement agreed best workflow practices for all sites in the North / Midlands region.
- Ensure compliance with the Operational Excellence Manual in all plants.
- Perform in depth analysis of current processes and develop forecast models.
- Contribute to creating a continuous improvement culture amongst site operations management teams and employees.
- Lead best practice sharing and operational excellence development.
- Register, categorise and prioritise potential improvement opportunities.
- Benchmark the sites through the agreed KPI's.
- Support local plant teams to achieve goals.
- Audit against the Operational Excellence Manual.
- Ensure productivity and quality targets are achieved.
- Perform training sessions for production managers and employees.
- Ensure that the machine & equipment setup is aligned with best practice.
- Recommend material for CAPEX applications.
- Implement small machine and equipment installation projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or experience in a production environment within a company with multiple business units, ideally within an industrial, engineering or manufacturing sector, with a proven track record of leadership and success.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
- LEAN (Six Sigma) experience or Black belt
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner
- Change management and project manager skills and knowledge
What's on Offer
Circa £40,000 plus benefits