You are here
This position is now filled
Operations Manager - Plant Operations
- Operations Manager - Plant Operations
- Hire Operations manager
About Our Client
The client, headquartered in central Scotland with operations across Scotland. The client operates in hire markets and are dedicated to providing quality plant and service to all of its customers, by ensuring they meet customers' needs and expectations.
Responsible for the planning, organisation, direction and control all aspects of operation plant activities through, the hire control desk (Team of 4); Service Desk (Team of 2); Plant Workshop (Team of 10-14 + 2 Team leaders); Transport (6 drivers + Transport Manager + Asst); Stores (Team of 2-3).
* Achieving optimum use of workers, equipment, materials and facilities.
* Ensures and verifies that procedures and quality control tools are being used in order to achieve quality as per customer specifications.
* Manages and trains the team and coordinates activities of plant department to design, process, project, and develop, produce, improve, and test components, products, systems, and services.
* Prepares and manages small/medium sized capital projects requiring advanced knowledge of a particular field of specialisation.
* Plans and establishes Plant schedules and follows up performance against estimates.
* Recommends and implements new policies and procedures as directed.
* Prepares and controls plant budget, forecasts operating costs of department, and directs preparation of budget requests.
* Effective management of the company systems to optimise plant efficiency, minimise downtime and manage an effective stockholding.
* Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
CONTEXTUAL INFORMATION & OUTCOMES
* Maintaining and excelling companies Key performance indicators (weekly & monthly checks including hire equipment checked and stocked correctly.
* A positive 'can do' attitude (essential)
* Must be an effective communicator
* Able to work on own initiative, working individually and as part of a team
The Successful Applicant
* Good general level of education.
* Experience in a man management or site management role supervising multiple different skilled personnel.
* Job holder needs to be able to demonstrate the following behaviours:
* Leadership - provide clear vision & direction, and takes full responsibility for the actions of himself and his team
* People Management - encourages a high standard in others, conducts regular reviews, is supportive when people make errors, empowers personnel as and when appropriate and is forthright and direct when required
* Teamwork - is able to work well within a total team environment to achieve overall business objectives
* Influencing skills - must have the ability to influence both within his own team and within the wider business context
* Communication - Has to be clear and concise communicator
* Exposure to managing coaching and mentoring individuals and Teams
* Customer relationship management would advantageous.
* Performance Management of plant and equipment.
* HSE experience is a must.
* Change management exposure
What's on Offer
Â£Competitive salary depending on experience plus bonus, pension and other excellent benefits.