You are here
leading Utilities Provider
Large Framework for the next 5 years
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Utilities provider who deliver utility services to around £3m homes and business in Yorkshire and the North East
- Ensure that within the team the health and safety of others is always taken in to consideration by designing out risk wherever reasonably practicable.
- Manage team to ensure the coordination of all permissions required to ensure that right first time customer delivery can be achieved and ensure our industry and legal obligations are fulfilled.
- Proactively liaise with clients, industry stakeholders and internal staff to ensure that any risks to the successful right first time delivery are prevented or an appropriate, and timely, solution achieved.
- Ensure team consistently meets and exceeds team KPI's
- Undertake induction and training for all new team members.
- Provide regular communication and feedback to the team on both an individual and team basis via 1/2/1s and team meeting.
- Ensure support of the sales team to secure any required customer variations with the provision of accurate and timely information along with critical date for acceptance to ensure RFT delivery
- Ensure the control and management of records maintenance and so demonstrate full compliance with legislation and to satisfy customer requirements.
- Ensure the team are kept up to date on any new techniques, codes of practice, internal process and keep records of training and updates provided.
- Manage the resolution of any customer escalation or complaints, ensuring that the route cause is identified and the lessons learnt are embedded within the business.
- Proactively work with the team to improve productivity and performance.
- Develop and enhance effective working relationships with key stakeholder.
- Utilise Company systems and processes to ensure team are fully competent, identify gaps in knowledge and/or skills or other development needs and take appropriate action to remedy this.
- Identify resource requirements (i.e. additional/replacement people, potential people reductions and participate in the recruitment/organisational change process as required.
Support the Head of Operations Support to facilitate the achievement of KPI's and business plan.
The Successful Applicant
Desirable Qualifications and Skills:
* Previous utilities experience with knowledge of design, scheduling and/or construction. Ideally within a multi utility environment having knowledge of gas, electric, water and telecoms.
* Proven competence in managing and developing teams of individuals
* Experience of working within a highly customer focused environment
* The ability to manage and priorities wide range of activities and processes
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent IT skills, including Word, Excel and database packages
* High level of job accuracy and attention to detail
* Ability to keep calm and level headed in all situations
* Ability to manage and priorities a wide range of activities and processes for projects at different stages of completion
* Highly organised approach to work both as an individual and a team
* Ability to work under minimum supervision
* Good commercial awareness
* Pro-active approach to objectives achievement
* Excellent timekeeping and organisational skills
* Ability to work both as a team player and to lead the team
* Self-motivated and passionate about completing tasks to the highest level
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to connect with a wide cross section of individuals
* Able to work with a wide range of external stake holders to ensure delivery of each project but to ensure long term relationships maintained
* NRSWA Qualification / Utility Design qualifications would be ideal but not essential
What's on Offer
£38000 + £40000 + bonus + package benefits